Current time: 01/05/2024, 08:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Easier to do it at HE? Yes, but what if they don't have time? The world's not perfect you know...and inspectors don't have time to be driving vehicles for MOT, its not their job.

Short of ticket machines is a relative term - I bet its easier and quicker to take one off a VOR vehicle than sit and configure a blank one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/09/2013 19:15)mbonwick Wrote:  Easier to do it at HE? Yes, but what if they don't have time? The world's not perfect you know...and inspectors don't have time to be driving vehicles for MOT, its not their job.

Short of ticket machines is a relative term - I bet its easier and quicker to take one off a VOR vehicle than sit and configure a blank one.

I meant drive to wherever the bus was. There's other depots closer than Wigan.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
(24/09/2013 17:49)M60lad Wrote:  Interesting working this evening saw a Sharston based Spectra operating a journey on 143 out of Piccadilly at about 17:20, whether a sight of things to come in the future I'm not to sure

both Spectras have transffered there but are still officially on paper in reserve
Mbonwicks point is basically that depots are sometimes busy fixing their own vehicles, especially if a large amount of them have come in from another depot or company, or have new stock waiting to enter service, and undergoing checks. The depot may even be MOTing buses for another firm, which often does happen, or prepping buses from another firm for MOT. I know that Hyde Road did prep buses belonging to the Manchester depot of Arriva prior to their MOT.
(24/09/2013 19:57)robertclark125 Wrote:  Mbonwicks point is basically that depots are sometimes busy fixing their own vehicles, especially if a large amount of them have come in from another depot or company, or have new stock waiting to enter service, and undergoing checks. The depot may even be MOTing buses for another firm, which often does happen, or prepping buses from another firm for MOT. I know that Hyde Road did prep buses belonging to the Manchester depot of Arriva prior to their MOT.

I get that mate

Jack
Also (not to sure if going off thread/topic) when Arriva Wythenshawe had their ALX300 Dennis Darts they always used to go to Bolton Depot whenever there was an MOT due on them, I remember in the past getting in off a late turn with a friend of mine who used to do regular lates at Arriva Bolton and quite often we would see one or more ALX300s parked over the pits either for an inspection or MOT prep
Had a MAN 18.220 running the 625/6 today. Very strange allocation as it was a 51 reg instead of the usual Enviro200 and an Enviro200 was running the 540 instead of a B7RLE or MAN 18.200

Jack
It seems that Middleton Depot's Hybrid Versa's don't just get used on 512/513s now as tonight I've actually seen one on 77 New Moston-Manchester service, nice to see these out and services other than the nornal 512/513s
Versas out every night
Usually a Versa out on the 78, particularly on Sundays.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)