Current time: 02/05/2024, 20:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Are the 3 Magic Buses Olympians? If so, they will be 16793, 16797 and 16800.
Do you have any idea what spec the single deckers were (i.e. Darts, MAN's, etc)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/09/2013 20:03)mbonwick Wrote:  17151 should be back at Stockport now that said Tridents have arrived from SW, it was only there to get the crappier Arrows off.

22151 has "in Manchester" fleetnames simply because the staff haven't removed them yet. It's hardly a high priority.

Can't help but wonder if Enviro400s are on the 657 for CCTV - I'm not sure any of the older stock is (yet) fitted.

I didn't say it was a high priority, I was just curious as the rest have "in Wigan" names.

Also, you have no idea about school services in Wigan, like stagecoach. Why do you think First never let a B9TL anywhere near a school service? Because they knew it'd be ruined, in 5 years using the First school buses, only once was a B9TL used. CCTV or not, that bus WILL be trashed. Year 8's graffiti-ing everything, cigarette burns everywhere, ripped seats, broken seats and God knows what else.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
(11/09/2013 20:56)ace Wrote:  Are the 3 Magic Buses Olympians? If so, they will be 16793, 16797 and 16800.
Do you have any idea what spec the single deckers were (i.e. Darts, MAN's, etc)?

It's very difficult to see anything through the tiny gap between the two big doors so I can't answer your questions. The two single deckers were right down the far end on the right hand side with only a small amount of each vehicle visible. The last time I saw a single decker in there which could be positively identified was 20938 a good few months ago.
(11/09/2013 22:34)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(11/09/2013 20:03)mbonwick Wrote:  17151 should be back at Stockport now that said Tridents have arrived from SW, it was only there to get the crappier Arrows off.

22151 has "in Manchester" fleetnames simply because the staff haven't removed them yet. It's hardly a high priority.

Can't help but wonder if Enviro400s are on the 657 for CCTV - I'm not sure any of the older stock is (yet) fitted.

I didn't say it was a high priority, I was just curious as the rest have "in Wigan" names.

Also, you have no idea about school services in Wigan, like stagecoach. Why do you think First never let a B9TL anywhere near a school service? Because they knew it'd be ruined, in 5 years using the First school buses, only once was a B9TL used. CCTV or not, that bus WILL be trashed. Year 8's graffiti-ing everything, cigarette burns everywhere, ripped seats, broken seats and God knows what else.

When first had wigan depot b9s where used regular on skools services!
(11/09/2013 22:58)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(11/09/2013 22:34)MX05 CKN Wrote:  

No they weren't. A family friend drove for First's Wigan operations and told me that they had to keep them off school services as much as possible due to vandalism.

Jack
(11/09/2013 23:09)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(11/09/2013 22:58)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(11/09/2013 22:34)MX05 CKN Wrote:  I didn't say it was a high priority, I was just curious as the rest have "in Wigan" names.

No they weren't. A family friend drove for First's Wigan operations and told me that they had to keep them off school services as much as possible due to vandalism.

I still drive for the skools unit and can assure you they where used regular has where the b7s and your referral that eddies/brychall is rough is so untrue! These routes suffer no vandalism at all! And i talk to the drivers everyday and they never have any problems and im sure that all routes from these skools operated by stagecoach wigan are now ysb services!

When i get to work tomorrow ill ask the drivers do they get any problems etc from two of wigans better schools!
(11/09/2013 23:34)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(11/09/2013 23:09)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(11/09/2013 22:58)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  When first had wigan depot b9s where used regular on skools services!

I still drive for the skools unit and can assure you they where used regular has where the b7s and your referral that eddies/brychall is rough is so untrue! These routes suffer no vandalism at all! And i talk to the drivers everyday and they never have any problems and im sure that all routes from these skools operated by stagecoach wigan are now ysb services!

When i get to work tomorrow ill ask the drivers do they get any problems etc from two of wigans better schools!

I left Eddies a year ago, shortly after the 659(vandalism all the time) was changed to. A YSB service. For a year I got the 651(surprise surprise , vandalism. But Al was a lovely driver), I got the Y67 for 3 years(Jamie Sinclair and Dennis were great guys too) and I got the 657 for a year.

My point is that a lot of the vandalism goes unnoticed and unreported by the drivers because IF the prefects said something about what they saw(they never did because it made them looked bad at their job) then they reported it to St Edmund Arrowsmith school where they study, Mr Eyes then would sort the situation without First ever being involved. I've seen seat bottoms taken off and thrown down stairs,countless numbers of "X loves Y" signs and penises carved into things, rubber strips torn from the ceiling and cigarette burns on the seats. When First did catch something happening then everyone on that bus was called into an assembly and shouted at.

Stuff happens on School buses that drivers know nothing about and YSBs are the only routes were vandalism didn't occur because we had a great relationship with the drivers.

Jack
This is why I prefer driving service buses. Mind you had a few windows pur through, and a firework under the bus one night... for obcious reasons I decided I was going home after that... shuck me up...
(12/09/2013 07:20)jimbo Wrote:  This is why I prefer driving service buses. Mind you had a few windows pur through, and a firework under the bus one night... for obcious reasons I decided I was going home after that... shuck me up...

Fireworks?! Tossers!

Once on the school service someone drew a cock on the windows all the way around the top deck.

Jack
It was bonfire night in a council estate... no damage just scared me a bit

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)