Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
Just had look on Flickr and it seems that MX10KNR has been with a few operators including Coachmasters and more recently it operated with Stotts (Oldham)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
So basically, it is a mistral rental
Jpt are back on the 17 today, looks like a once every 20minute service peak time 7-7 M-F not sure how long it will last. Any pics or travelers today?
(02/09/2013 14:15)jimbo Wrote:  Jpt are back on the 17 today, looks like a once every 20minute service peak time 7-7 M-F not sure how long it will last. Any pics or travelers today?

It is a 20 minute service with extra peak-time journeys during schooldays, increasing it to 10 minutes. Last bus is 1728 from Middleton and 1759 from Shudehill

http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/17.pdf
JPT do love the 17 don't they?

I see the Night Bus finished.

Hopefully they will be successful this time round, although numbering it the 17 and duplicating a current route seems risky. Wouldn't it have been easier to change the number and operate it from Piccadilly/Stevenson Sq/Albert Sq with a different number to avoid retaliation from First?
(02/09/2013 22:04)Polo Mint Wrote:  JPT do love the 17 don't they?

I see the Night Bus finished.

Hopefully they will be successful this time round, although numbering it the 17 and duplicating a current route seems risky. Wouldn't it have been easier to change the number and operate it from Piccadilly/Stevenson Sq/Albert Sq with a different number to avoid retaliation from First?

NightBus, which came back again in April with journeys from Manchester only, were withdrawn again in July.

If they had re-routed the 17 into Piccadilly Gardens, then it would have stepped on the toes of First's 162/163 service.

I wouldn't be surprised if JPT withdraw the 17 service again by the start of 2014.
I think the 17 is easy pickings for them, they loose a couple of tenders of have a few spare buses so register on the 17 for a few months. Absolute bonkers.
I wonder how long before trips start being missed.

Noticed a couple of their buses on the 217/218 over weekend and they look in a very poor condition.
All of their buses are in poor condition...
You'll be surprised how many buses JPT still actually own, if you go to their yard you'll see the following parked up

153 S3JPT
401 BU53PNV
403 BX56XAC
411 M402EFD
521 PT51JPT

Not sure if the above are actually withdrawn but they are parked in the depot nearest the canal
(03/09/2013 06:08)M60lad Wrote:  You'll be surprised how many buses JPT still actually own, if you go to their yard you'll see the following parked up

153 S3JPT
401 BU53PNV
403 BX56XAC
411 M402EFD
521 PT51JPT

Not sure if the above are actually withdrawn but they are parked in the depot nearest the canal

They go through stages where a lot of them seem to appear on eBay at the same time for 'out of the world' prices Smile the 3 olympians have also appeared on eBay several times but with no obvious takers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)