Current time: 02/05/2024, 13:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
31816 is parked in scrap corner at Bury
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
37297 is now back at Bury Depot all finished

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81788292@N07/9585206166/
30872/7 arrived from First South Yorkshire today at Bolton, presumed there before going to Bury Depot.

Also 37290 will return to Manchester tomorrow repainted from Bolton, no doubt in a Manchester themed livery

Two more B10BLEs moved to Bolton and they are 60369 and 66193
(23/08/2013 09:27)mic Wrote:  looks like the streetlites are not staying here been told going elsewhere

I think some are still coming on stream in Sheffield. I am due to go there in October so can ride one there instead.

I's quite like to see QS gaining some Solo SRs, but I do not know of any on order for First at present.
Love the difference in allocations on the 510 in the evening, Bolton Depot do it proud state of the art 13 plate Enviro's. Where as in the day citaros that Bury just dump on this route.
Seems the Royales are having their final swansong at Bury at the moment and are getting allocated to whatever route the vehicle allocator fancies as one was out all day yesterday on 135, also 30880 seems to be quite reliable at the moment and yesterday was out again on 163s, also one of the remaining XDZ's (not to sure which one sorry) was out on 471s.

Parked up on layover in Bolton yesterday afternoon was 34105, not sure what service it was on or whether it was just parked up as a spare bus
(25/08/2013 06:14)M60lad Wrote:  Seems the Royales are having their final swansong at Bury at the moment and are getting allocated to whatever route the vehicle allocator fancies as one was out all day yesterday on 135, also 30880 seems to be quite reliable at the moment and yesterday was out again on 163s, also one of the remaining XDZ's (not to sure which one sorry) was out on 471s.

Parked up on layover in Bolton yesterday afternoon was 34105, not sure what service it was on or whether it was just parked up as a spare bus

Most recently 34104 and 5 have been on the 519s daily in Bolton, id guess the remaining XDZ would be 31814 maybe. 30880 does indeed seem to be very reliable in the last few days its been on 471,474,510,162,163,524. Its holding its own considering the bad press these buses have received on moving from First South Yorkshire.

It will be interesting to see more in service with 30873,30879, and latest 30872 and 30877 i hope these prove to be as reliable as 30880 only time will tell, when the full 10 arrive at Bury Depot.
Are the ALX400 batch in the new paint scheme?

Will they be used for school routes or for busy services like the 524, 472/474 ?

I can't imagine they hold a candle to the B9 Gemini's or Olympians.
(25/08/2013 15:32)Polo Mint Wrote:  Are the ALX400 batch in the new paint scheme?

Will they be used for school routes or for busy services like the 524, 472/474 ?

I can't imagine they hold a candle to the B9 Gemini's or Olympians.

only 30873/79/80 south Yorkshire list shows the rest still on as in older livery
Any idea of when the next ALX400 is due to enter service at Bury Depot, I must say though as already has been said 30880 is proving quite reliable on any service its put on, I remember reading somewhere (could be on here) about these vehicles struggling on hills, well I was on 30880 the other week on 524 and it climbed the hill near Moses Gate Country Park with no problem whatsoever, it does seem that its been well looked after, unless its had some work done on it before or after it arrived in Manchester

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)