Current time: 19/04/2024, 08:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Isn't the Bury depot near maximum capacity anyway so a replacement is needed anyway?

Is there enough room at BN and QS? Also wouldn't it be expensive to transport vehicles from Bolton to Bury to operate local services?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/07/2013 13:35)Polo Mint Wrote:  Isn't the Bury depot near maximum capacity anyway so a replacement is needed anyway?

Is there enough room at BN and QS? Also wouldn't it be expensive to transport vehicles from Bolton to Bury to operate local services?

I think BN was built to accommodate at least 210/220 vehicles but at the moment only has around 160 inc trainers. Sometimes there are more BY buses on Bolton bus station than BN ones what with them doing the 471, 510 and 524s.
Is anything due at Oldham to replace the remaining Dennis Darts in the fleet as I can't see them lasting that long to be honest and I know that there's quite a number of Darts on the back wall at Oldham Depot, I have heard that work might be starting or has already started on retrofitting the mirrors on Enviro300s so that they fit under the bridge on Foxdenton Lane
The 8 service is included in a 'wishlist' of transport project for the Greater Manchester area. If approved, it should be signed off by the government at the end of the month and will see £40m being spent to improve the route by making it more reliable and quicker.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/b...rs-5326698
nearly all Oldham new Evrios now in service not yet seen 67420/28
(26/07/2013 06:04)M60lad Wrote:  Is anything due at Oldham to replace the remaining Dennis Darts in the fleet as I can't see them lasting that long to be honest and I know that there's quite a number of Darts on the back wall at Oldham Depot, I have heard that work might be starting or has already started on retrofitting the mirrors on Enviro300s so that they fit under the bridge on Foxdenton Lane

darts i have seen in service are 40361/69/72/40416 today
Hi all.
I'm back in Ashton-U-Lyne tomorrow. Are there still 6 serviceable Darts and one Arrowe there? Do the Darts still work "generally 3 or 4 darts are on the 346-333-331-389 run as well as 393/346 and one on 38or 39s are the general rule".

Thanks in advance...

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
(26/07/2013 21:33)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Hi all.
I'm back in Ashton-U-Lyne tomorrow. Are there still 6 serviceable Darts and one Arrowe there? Do the Darts still work "generally 3 or 4 darts are on the 346-333-331-389 run as well as 393/346 and one on 38or 39s are the general rule".

Thanks in advance...

5atm yes mate generally thats the rule not been in the depot today to see allocations wise should be 40380/2/4 40403/6 with 40374 vor at om
Two B7TLs have arrived at Bury from Rotheram Depot these being 30879 and 30880 both Wreg plates, cant really be classed as citaro replacements considering they are the same age
(27/07/2013 08:48)james Wrote:  
(26/07/2013 21:33)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Hi all.

Thanks in advance...

5atm yes mate generally thats the rule not been in the depot today to see allocations wise should be 40380/2/4 40403/6 with 40374 vor at om

Thanks... Smile As always any real time gen on which buses are out would be gratefully received and I will post any sightings as I see them.

Thanks in advance...

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)