Current time: 24/06/2024, 12:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
(19/07/2013 19:26)R311 WVR Wrote:  T7 CFZ 6594 Volvo Olympian Alexander RH PO47/27D City Sightseeing Liverpool 05/97 Ex Mc Comb’s, Belfast 7/11 – New as Dublin Bus 97-D-342

Is that bus still in Service?

I am fairly sure that I saw it today, at the tour bus stop at the south end of the Salthouse Dock at about 9:40. Couldn't swear that it was in service, but seems highly likely.

(I notice that Volvo B7TL / President PJ53 NKD has become T9, and that T10 is Dennis Trident / EL Lolyne T818 RFG, but I haven't seen any sign of a T8 yet - is there / has there been one?)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is there a Child ticket for the ACE Tour bus? Carn't find the website, Me and a child ticket buying friend, me buying one too, are hoping to find the dublin one tommorow
Find all posts by this user
Yes, it looks like there is:
http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tours/un...erpool.htm

Good luck...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/07/2013 20:22)Quackdave Wrote:  
(19/07/2013 19:26)R311 WVR Wrote:  T7 CFZ 6594 Volvo Olympian Alexander RH PO47/27D City Sightseeing Liverpool 05/97 Ex Mc Comb’s, Belfast 7/11 – New as Dublin Bus 97-D-342

Is that bus still in Service?

I am fairly sure that I saw it today, at the tour bus stop at the south end of the Salthouse Dock at about 9:40. Couldn't swear that it was in service, but seems highly likely.

(I notice that Volvo B7TL / President PJ53 NKD has become T9, and that T10 is Dennis Trident / EL Lolyne T818 RFG, but I haven't seen any sign of a T8 yet - is there / has there been one?)

Yep I can confirm the ex-Dublin bus was out today, ironically I decided to have a tour courtesy of ACE on the Trident, I don't know if its me but the ELC Tridents seem to have much more power than their ALX counterparts possibly a lighter weight body or just the fact they've not been thrashed around London

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
MX10 DXD - 700 was on the 210 today , possible replacement for MX12 CFF

Was told by a driver last night that Ace have lost the contract for the 130,210 & 250 from october. Cumfybus are reported to be bidding for it but i hope arriva or stagecoach get it.
I thought the contract was taken on slight emergency short term from Impera wasn't it ? After the days of Supertravel the 130-210-250 have become very varied with so many operators

This is correct as I believe, the current Ace Travel emergency contract ends in October - No idea personally if Ace have bid again for it but I'd expect quite a few local operators have done so!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Id rather see ace keep them or cumfybus win, mainly cause im against huge companies monopolising thr bus networks
Was informed last night that 756 is being repaired and will re-enter service with Ace soon. Other news is HTL have won the contracts for the 130,210&250

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)