Current time: 26/06/2024, 18:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
A large number of changes have been registered on VOSA this week including

PB0003954/518 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Whitley Bay the links and Gateshead given service number 1 effective from 01-Sep-2013.

PB0003954/553 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET,GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE and WREKENTON HIGH STREET, OR KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 24/24A effective from 01-Sep-2013.

These services have been changed numerous times over the years including running them as a through route all the way from Whitley Bay to Kibblesworth then splitting into 2 routes again, so will be interesting to see what they are replaced with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: 3964
Now in unbranded all over yellow, this is possibly to be branded for Real Radio ?
Raymond
East Durham liveried MPD 520 was operating services 35/35A today. Bit of a difference to the mercedes CItaro gold standard Laser.
RE: 3964
(22/07/2013 19:01)Coppercap40 Wrote:  Now in unbranded all over yellow, this is possibly to be branded for Real Radio ?
Raymond

could be for the yellow bus brand?
(23/07/2013 18:56)riverside motors Wrote:  
(22/07/2013 19:01)Coppercap40 Wrote:  Now in unbranded all over yellow, this is possibly to be branded for Real Radio ?
Raymond

could be for the yellow bus brand?

3964 is branded as the 'Real Radio' bus. It is reported to remain in this state for the summer after which it will be repainted once again, presumably back into Northern livery.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Saw it today and it has Real Radio above each of the front indicator lights with 100-102fm positioned centrally between the indicator lights, at the moment the sides are plain yellow.
Raymond
RE: 5254
Now in all over Blue without branding
Raymond
(08/07/2013 18:44)cbma06 Wrote:  After an 18 month trial the OK1 Expressway service will end after its final journey on Saturday 10 August 2013.

Just as well I rode this route, admittedly just from Bishop Auckland to Darlington, last July. It seems pointless having extended it to Middlesbrough now but it was an interesting experiment.

I'm sure the Solar I rode on it had higher-back seating than the others. These could replace older single-deckers such as Prestiges and SPDs.
The solars should all have the same seats and should be used on a new express service from Newcastle to Hexham soon.

(03/08/2013 21:09)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(08/07/2013 18:44)cbma06 Wrote:  After an 18 month trial the OK1 Expressway service will end after its final journey on Saturday 10 August 2013.

Just as well I rode this route, admittedly just from Bishop Auckland to Darlington, last July. It seems pointless having extended it to Middlesbrough now but it was an interesting experiment.

I'm sure the Solar I rode on it had higher-back seating than the others. These could replace older single-deckers such as Prestiges and SPDs.
(03/08/2013 21:32)jr93 Wrote:  The solars should all have the same seats and should be used on a new express service from Newcastle to Hexham soon.

(03/08/2013 21:09)Metroline1511 Wrote:  

The buses that are used on the OK1 are the solars with higher seats (used to operate Prince Bishop Swift on service X20). There are to be used on new service X84/687 service starting on 8th September, X84 Newcastle Eldon Square to Hexham Highfield Park then 687 Hexham Highfield Park to Corbridge Hill Street.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)