Current time: 05/05/2024, 00:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
2708 on the 329 this morning. Really quick and virtually rattle free. If it had a refurb it would be an excellent vehicle. Was replaced by an even more unusual vehicle on the 329 later in the day. That being SR 711!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/06/2013 06:10)M60lad Wrote:  A route that might be a good idea for St Helens is a Warrington-St Helens via Winwick Road, Gemini & Burtonwood and St Helens Hospital via a similar route to what Fairways 339 used to take before they went out of business as despite what people think the 339 was a busy route, I was talking about this with Motormayhem last night and we were in agreement that if only management would listen that it could probably work

I agree, and am surprised that Arriva didn't try to get their hands on the tender money to do the Collins Green - Burtonwood - Gemini journeys presently operated in the form of Warrington Coachways's service 33.
There is a lot of layover in the 329 timetable at the Warrington end, so re-routing via Gemini and re-numbering say the journeys which terminate at Daresbury should work!
I totally agree with M60 lad as i think it would work as it would give a different corridoor as me personally would extend the 360 through to st helens from warrington via the 339 route use to take that would give people another choice even if it was just 1 an hour that went through to give a new corridoor and obtain some new patrionage.
the 329 change is a timetable change between warrington and dewsbury

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/07/2013 10:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  the 329 change is a timetable change between warrington and dewsbury

Dewsbury - You mean Daresbury. Dewsbury is West Yorkshire so that would be one hell of a re-routing lol. On a serious note, at least it looks like the Sunday servcie is staying half hourly.
lol my mistake but yea

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(02/07/2013 11:16)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Dewsbury - You mean Daresbury. Dewsbury is West Yorkshire so that would be one hell of a re-routing lol. On a serious note, at least it looks like the Sunday servcie is staying half hourly.

Do you know how loadings are on a Sunday?

I've just done some quick sums and it seems that if the 360 operated every hour Wigan - Warrington on Sundays and the 329 St Helens - Warrington were reduced to being hourly, the times would work perfectly if they interworked, and this would require the same number of vehicles.
loadings on sundays are doing ok, about 10 per trip and the first trip from st helens can leave with 15 on

(01/07/2013 20:26)Valandil Wrote:  
(29/06/2013 06:10)M60lad Wrote:  A route that might be a good idea for St Helens is a Warrington-St Helens via Winwick Road, Gemini & Burtonwood and St Helens Hospital via a similar route to what Fairways 339 used to take before they went out of business as despite what people think the 339 was a busy route, I was talking about this with Motormayhem last night and we were in agreement that if only management would listen that it could probably work

I agree, and am surprised that Arriva didn't try to get their hands on the tender money to do the Collins Green - Burtonwood - Gemini journeys presently operated in the form of Warrington Coachways's service 33.
There is a lot of layover in the 329 timetable at the Warrington end, so re-routing via Gemini and re-numbering say the journeys which terminate at Daresbury should work!

I would hardly say there is a lot of layover in the timetable - in fact I would say it is pretty much right as Winwick Road at peak time is a nightmare, plus it has to cope with Bank Quay etc. on some journeys at peak time too.

Think you would struggle for demand for another 30 minute service between St Helens and
Warrington but a hourly service might work.

On the talk of the 329, the 6.50am service was 25 minutes late this morning. Came into St Helens B.S with 329 but left out of service. Very bad in my opinion as what if you wanted to go to Daresbury Tech Park?

Not unusual for the 329 I get to be late of a morning either. Highly annoying as it comes straight from the depot and causes me to miss my connection. A complaint will be going in the next time it happens!

I doubt it would be a success; I used the 339 quite a lot, and the only really busy bus was the first "bus pass" journey in the morning - occasionally full, but not a money-maker because operators do not get paid a fortune to accept bus passes, Saveaways, etc.

The best prospects for a partial replacement of 339 might be if one 329 bus each hour could be rerouted to serve Gemini & Warrington Hospital.

User(s) browsing this thread: 95 Guest(s)