Current time: 06/05/2024, 16:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
2416 will struggle up crank hill.
2422 is a goid one as had the other day on 360 and its quite a flyer with very very few rattles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2013 15:48)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(19/06/2013 15:33)tinytears87 Wrote:  The best route in St Helens is the one back to the depot when you're finished :-)
What about the ones where the passengers feed you along the route? ;-)

Also meant to mention, I noted 2421 on the 920 earlier. It's not all that often I see it, and I know it takes whatever is in the depot usually, but it's certainly the first time I've noted a Cadet on there. With regards 2314, it's taxed until 1st August so unless it suffers from a serious failure, it's highly likely it'll remain in service until then as opposed to being withdrawn imminently.

The afternoon 920 journey can be anything - think it's just what's available around 12.30 - 13.00. I've seen Darts, Solo SR's, B10BLE's and Pulsars - think it's just a case of whatever is available.

Tinytears - totally agree with you about 2421 - had it on 34 yesterday. Apart from a few rattles - it's tops!
2419 is the quickest I've ridden so far, really impressed. As I mentioned, 2416 is the only one I've been somewhat disappointed by thus far and that's only due to it's lack of power.
(19/06/2013 16:25)tinytears87 Wrote:  Only had one of these Cadets so far, but the one i had ( 2421 ), i was impressed with, much better than 2489 etc
Not for comfort and leg room if you're of an average height ;-) !!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I rode 2416/8/21/22 a lot over the last few weeks. Still not rode 2419 mind, this thing seems to keep evading me!

2416 is dreadfully sluggish, there decent vehicles but I still think that the newer cadets provide a better ride quality (from a passenger experience and except for 2491/4 of course). The X reg cadets aren't as quick either imo.

Most of them are pretty much rattle free (2418 has got more rattly already and is very jerky when pulling off at times now). The rear destination box seems to rattle on all of them tho.

I've noticed that all of the newer cadets I've rode recently seem to be less rattly and 2490/3 sound healthier/ perform better too. Not rode 2491/4 so I'm hoping that they are going to be provided with the same treatment!

I hope Bolton Bus Basher was on 356s last night as I believe he's become quite a celebrity among the regular passengers on the route at night from what I've heard
i was on last night yes, we did book the cadet of as when it came if (first 356 of night is done by someone else) we asked the driver what the script was with the bus and he said 8mph job up hill so ran it in and got 2689 instead, what a flyer she was, never been so on time before on that route, freds thinking of recommending it Wink passenger wise was good since we got fed as we hold back on the 10:30 for a few mins as secuirty guards 32 is always a min or 2 late lol, always a good time on that route since a lot of them know me now with always being on

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3048 on 36 this morning, looked to be replaced by a Dart though
Dart on the 36 this evening. 2987 on the 37/38 too.

2987 started the day on 33s and 2251 was still on the 37/38 earlier so very possible it's replaced the appalling 7650 at some point after working the first half of a split.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Yep 2251 stayed out all day.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)