Current time: 18/05/2024, 18:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
How often do Solos appear on the 464 (Rochdale-Rawtenstall-Accrington) ? I am not in their area regularly, but the first time I have seen one was yesterday (18 May), when 56 replaced 227 at Haslingden, due to a faulty ticket machine on 227. I presume the driver contacted the depot whilst he was at Rawtenstall, where 227 sat for several minutes with the driver trying to get the machine to work. 56 reached Accrington a bit late, and returned almost immediately on a 464 to Rochdale.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/05/2013 21:32)Bevan Price Wrote:  How often do Solos appear on the 464 (Rochdale-Rawtenstall-Accrington) ? I am not in their area regularly, but the first time I have seen one was yesterday (18 May), when 56 replaced 227 at Haslingden, due to a faulty ticket machine on 227. I presume the driver contacted the depot whilst he was at Rawtenstall, where 227 sat for several minutes with the driver trying to get the machine to work. 56 reached Accrington a bit late, and returned almost immediately on a 464 to Rochdale.

I think 464 is operated with B7RLEs, so it probably is a surprise to see other vehicles used, particularly a Solo.
Rossendalebus have launched a mobile version of their website, which provides timetable information and news whilst on the move.

http://m.rossobus.com/
Looks like there is a new brand, Rosso which is a massive improvement on what they have at the moment http://www.flickr.com/photos/east_lancs/9042671046/
Facebook and Twitter addresses have now been changed to Rossobus

https://www.facebook.com/rossobus
https://twitter.com/Rossobus
Rossobus? I laughed at first, however for people in Rossendale then Rosso is short and for Bury/Rochdale operations then it is just a name. Seems compatible with both operations without completely ignoring the Rossendale Transport history.
(15/06/2013 13:33)Polo Mint Wrote:  Rossobus? I laughed at first, however for people in Rossendale then Rosso is short and for Bury/Rochdale operations then it is just a name. Seems compatible with both operations without completely ignoring the Rossendale Transport history.

"Rosso" is also the Italian word for red Smile
(15/06/2013 16:05)JimmyMac Wrote:  
(15/06/2013 13:33)Polo Mint Wrote:  Rossobus? I laughed at first, however for people in Rossendale then Rosso is short and for Bury/Rochdale operations then it is just a name. Seems compatible with both operations without completely ignoring the Rossendale Transport history.

"Rosso" is also the Italian word for red Smile

It just sounds like a slang name for Rossendale , it maybe the image they want for multimedia , but to be honest its not a name that will sit well on a bus .
Rossendalebus/Rossobus will be making quite a few changes in Lancashire from 29 July. There may be more changes in Greater Manchester. One change in GM is that they will take over the 495 from Stotts on 8 July.

Lancashire changes:

*10 - New service partly replacing services 64/65, running every 30 mins Mon-Sat daytime between Rawtenstall and Edgeside via Bacup Road and Waterfoot.
*10A/63 - Service 63 is re-numbered 10A in line with new service 10 and will continue to operate between Rawtenstall and Water via Newchurch, Waterfoot and Edgeside.
*63A/63C - Withdrawn and replaced by re-routed service 482.
*64/65 - Withdrawn and partly replaced by services 10 and 465.
*244 - Mon-Sat daytime service re-timed with service operating on the opposite half-hour to current timetable.
*273 - Early weekday morning journeys re-timed
*464 - Mon-Sat daytime service re-timed
*465 - New service replacing service 65 between Rawtenstall and Todmorden (runs as current 65 route but doesn't serve Edgeside)
*482 - Service re-routed via Newchurch between Rawtenstall and Waterfoot, replacing services 63A/63C
*483 - Times changed
*484 - Times changed with Accrington-Burnley section withdrawn. Weekday service provided by Transdev's 9 service. Saturday service operated on behalf of Lancashire CC by Rossendalebus as service 9.

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/w...?id=102563
(20/06/2013 21:32)SF07 Wrote:  *465 - New service replacing service 65 between Rawtenstall and Todmorden (runs as current 65 route but doesn't serve Edgeside)

One further slight difference AIUI - 465 doesn't operate via Pennine Road in Bacup as the 64/65 did. This estate is instead served by service 482, which was extended here from Bacup town centre earlier in the year.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)