Current time: 02/05/2024, 18:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I suppose it's too early to know which depots/routes they'll be allocated to...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's far to early to know what the fleet cascades will be, though I'd speculate that 16949 will be sold when its time comes.

No news yet as to routes either.
Nice to see tfgm getting hybrid funds, presumably some for schools replacing the 55plate coavh style things and some more optare versas for temdered routes :-)
More hybrids, very exciting.

I suppose with Manchester being a flagship division of Stagecoach it gets many hybrids, or do other parts of the country also see this many hybrids?

TfGM also get 13 hybrids.

Any idea on what type of vehicle these are, Enviro400 I assume?
Stagecoach's will be E400Hs.

Nowhere else in the country bar London has as many hybrids as Manchester, though this is probably because the operating environment lends itself to hybrid operation, which much of the country doesn't.
(27/05/2013 17:11)Polo Mint Wrote:  More hybrids, very exciting.

I suppose with Manchester being a flagship division of Stagecoach it gets many hybrids, or do other parts of the country also see this many hybrids?

TfGM also get 13 hybrids.

Any idea on what type of vehicle these are, Enviro400 I assume?

Stagecoach Sheffield also has a large number of hybrids,TfGM Wanted a large fleet of hybrids (hence why there bid themselves) so stagecoach having a large fleet makes them look good

i wonder with this lot of hybrids,its enough to see off older tridents & maybe have some of the older Enviro400s go onto magicbus?
Wishful thinking... not while the Enviro400 is the "current" model. More likely they'll be cascaded out...
Tfgm's hybrids will be for tendered work, so optare versas no doubt. Stagecoach will buy more hybrids off their owners other company (enviros...) tbh id rather see some electric-gas hybrids coming into play but afaik they dont exist atm... Oure gas do, the lovely man ecocitys...
Last time I checked, Brian Souter was not a majority shareholder in ADL.....

Gas-electic hybrids are very unlikely to happen given you need a larger gas engine to get the same power as a diesel...
(For comparision, the diesel engine in a Scania K270UB is 9.3l, the gas version is somewhere north of 12.9l)
He does own a fair share of Alexandra Dennis, as of 2004, so effectively, yes he does buy buses off himself

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)