Current time: 05/05/2024, 21:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(30/04/2013 19:03)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Runshaw college today told stagecoach in wigan not to operate one of the college buses and that they would lose the other 2 in july due to numerous breakdowns etc! However the operations director for stagecoach Manchester got involved and grovelled to the college and promised to use enviro 400s instead of the elderly olympians and runshaw have given stagecoach another chance!

To say "grovelled" is inaccutate, the Operations Director has told the college and LCC whose tender it is that improvements to the service would be committed to, hence the transfer of Enviro400s to Wigan.

Please can I advise members that this forum is often looked at by Stagecoach Manchester senior managers and directors and comments like this is likely to give a very poor reputation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just some info for anyone planning on using services to/from Trafford Center is that major roadworks are due to start 31 May for around 3 months on Trafford Boulevard from outside the Trafford Center to the M60 roundabout, so expect possible delays to services when these works start, I'm guessing these works are for the new Port Salford Scheme and info on the roadworks are here:

http://www.peel.co.uk/media/Key%20Projec...e_FAQs.pdf
a lot of the big firms look at these type of forums and social network sites.
Trident 17670 out on the 183 this afternoon.
Another one 22056 MX53 FNC on the 346's today, could it be a transfer follow up along with 22055?
(08/05/2013 21:47)Benzo Wrote:  Another one 22056 MX53 FNC on the 346's today, could it be a transfer follow up along with 22055?

Its looking that way Benzo. Both were on the 236 this evening.
Well, upon reading that post it seems a bit weird, though after further thought about it, they may take upon improvements from some comments made, anyways, I doubt that the school/college would have the authority to remove them off the schoolbus tender as only the LA can report to TfGM as far as I'm aware.
Hi
As it will be 3 months from takeover date agreed by OFT for Wigan and Bluebird does this mean that Stagecoach is now able to alter or introduce new services from June? If so, wondered what changes, if any are anticpated? It would seem a perfect opprtunity to ustilise services 72, 77, 80 & 112 to introduce some cross town services. Maybe to Chorlton, Didsbury and Wythenshawe. It woud certainly help thise travelling from North to South.
I was getting told they are extending the 559 through to wigan and possibally another route may be getting extended but unsure which.
An issue I find with cross city or cross town services is that if they are late on a certain part of the route, they are late throughout the journey, however even though that may be the case there are still passengers who do change in cities and towns and miss their connecting bus because the previous service was late. You can't get it just right thinking about it :')

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)