Current time: 04/05/2024, 22:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(16/04/2013 15:01)Mayneway Wrote:  
(15/04/2013 19:52)ace Wrote:  
(15/04/2013 06:53)M60lad Wrote:  Since Stagecoach Manchester transferred some Envirios to both Wigan and Rock Ferry Depot's and transfered others between Depots it seems to me that it has left Stockport Depot short of the type and usually during the week and the odd time on Saturdays the Spectra's can find their way into normal service

That was clever. Sleepy
40 new hybrids come to free up 40 buses, and they transfer out too many and leave themselves short. Weren't the tridents supposed to going to Wigan soon as well?

Couldn't the same be said for HE though?
The apparent conversion of the ex London Tridents last year was for them to cover for Enviro400's going down to the Olympics. Yet they returned and the Tridents are still in regular use. They keep cropping up on the 168's and 169's on a daily basis.
I know it's been hinted that they should be moved on by summer, but I carnt wait to see the back them. Horrid buses Angry

Yes the same could be said for HE to a degree. Difference is, they didn't cart 20 buses off to East Midlands and Kent at a time when Stagecoach were buying 2 new depots full of 97 year old buses, LOL following which a local company went bust and emergency tenders had to be arranged, and then finally 6 Enviro400's were sent to Yorkshire to cover for problems they were having with hybrids.
At least there's only 3 of them at HE, as opposed to 10 at Stockport. Ashton also have 2 and Sharston still have 1 for good measure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/04/2013 20:49)ace Wrote:  
(15/04/2013 19:52)ace Wrote:  That was clever. Sleepy
40 new hybrids come to free up 40 buses, and they transfer out too many and leave themselves short. Weren't the tridents supposed to going to Wigan soon as well?

The apparent conversion of the ex London Tridents last year was for them to cover for Enviro400's going down to the Olympics. Yet they returned and the Tridents are still in regular use. They keep cropping up on the 168's and 169's on a daily basis.
I know it's been hinted that they should be moved on by summer, but I carnt wait to see the back them. Horrid buses Angry

Yes the same could be said for HE to a degree. Difference is, they didn't cart 20 buses off to East Midlands and Kent at a time when Stagecoach were buying 2 new depots full of 97 year old buses, LOL following which a local company went bust and emergency tenders had to be arranged, and then finally 6 Enviro400's were sent to Yorkshire to cover for problems they were having with hybrids.
At least there's only 3 of them at HE, as opposed to 10 at Stockport. Ashton also have 2 and Sharston still have 1 for good measure.

12208 on school duties[878] this afternoon.
(15/04/2013 19:52)ace Wrote:  That was clever. Sleepy

Considering the problems in the Manchester area lately, stagecoach have preformed extremely well. How many other companies would done as well!
Looks like Stagecoach have got big problems in Marple today, as not only is Arkwright Road still closed due to subsidence but A626 Lower Fold (near to Railway Station) is currently closed due to a burst water main, not sure what route their 383/384s will take to be honest though, I'm guessing depending on how bad the burst is temporary traffic lights will be set up which will ease problems somewhat
(16/04/2013 20:36)motormayhem Wrote:  I think it looks supurb as its well better than the rest of the repaints.

I agree Motormayhem, it's looks great. The big bump on it's head looks very sleek the way it's painted.
(16/04/2013 22:10)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(16/04/2013 15:01)Mayneway Wrote:  Couldn't the same be said for HE though?

Considering the problems in the Manchester area lately, stagecoach have preformed extremely well. How many other companies would done as well!

I think the fare increases came at the wrong time. Given it was a week before First very publicly slashed their fares, and just months after Stagecoach Manchester took over First Wigan and Bluebird it could be said the fare paying passengers are paying for these take overs!
Looks good, shame there is lots of fibreglass (of whatever its called) on the Solo SR as it doesn't show off the Stagecoach livery as well as ADL's.

Do you have any information on the price increases? A link or anything?
(17/04/2013 15:25)Polo Mint Wrote:  Looks good, shame there is lots of fibreglass (of whatever its called) on the Solo SR as it doesn't show off the Stagecoach livery as well as ADL's.

Not on me no as using my iPhone, but all the information is on the Stagecoach Manchester website.
(17/04/2013 15:25)Polo Mint Wrote:  Looks good, shame there is lots of fibreglass (of whatever its called) on the Solo SR as it doesn't show off the Stagecoach livery as well as ADL's.

Here's the page of the news of fare changes:

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/fares-information.aspx

While, here is the fare information page:

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/7-mancheste...ckets.aspx
(15/04/2013 20:55)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(15/04/2013 19:48)ace Wrote:  
(15/04/2013 18:01)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Does anybody know which Solos, have been transferred to Wigan for use on the ex Maytree services ?

Yes. 47001 and 47002. (KX51CRU and KX51CRV)

47470 (PX07GZU) has also been transferred, but I can't remember if it went to Wigan or Middleton, or indeed if it was to cover Maytree services.

Thank you, only most of my deliveries lately have been to remote parts of Wales, or remote parts of the Lake District.

47470 is at Middleton running the recently won 446 Rochdale service
47559 also confirmed as transfer to Middleton with 33099 replacing it from Stockport.
The Sunday 202's would probably be ran by Enviro200's for the long term now unless 33099/174 run on the 202

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)