Current time: 01/05/2024, 14:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(07/04/2013 16:07)Nicholas Wrote:  
(06/04/2013 20:26)james Wrote:  
(05/04/2013 20:14)Nicholas Wrote:  But the 100 does go to Warrington, and tickets have always been valid over the boundary.

nic read the huddersfield bit that is what he hinting at x84 to huddersfield ?

So why the necessity of including the 100 then in the previous post? It isn't a direct quote so isn't needed if that isn't the case.

Why are you making such a fuss about it?

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Plenty of leaflets on board buses today promoting the new lower fares, although more confusing information, as on the leaflet, it says that the new tickets are not valid on the whole route of the 184 and X84 and to see the website for details, which says it is valid on the whole route to Huddersfield.
R624CVR on the newly won 31 today presume QR operate this service?

Also there was normal geminis on the 18 is this normal?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
I regularly see normal Geminis on the 18 eventhough they should be hybrids and I see a lot of hybrids on the 17 eventhough they should be normal vehicles.
(09/04/2013 15:55)SLTRegular Wrote:  R624CVR on the newly won 31 today presume QR operate this service?

Spotted that today too. I think it has been mentioned somewhere that it is Queens Road running the Mon-Sat service on the 31.

Also spotted a Streetlite (47403) running in Manchester on Deansgate this afternoon, although out of service, presumably it was out to allow drivers to familiarise themselves with the vehicle.

37445 was running on the X84, which I noticed still has the 58/59 idents on the sides of the bus instead of the standard 'Greater Manchester'. Not sure if any other B9s have still got the 58/59 idents on.

Also, there has been some confusion as to the validity of the tickets following Monday's reduction and it seems that it has now been cleared up by First on their website, as it 'supersedes the information available on buses'.

It says that the FirstDay, FirstWeek, FirstMonth and FirstAnnual tickets are valid on all First services in Greater Manchester including the 100 to Warrington, the 184 to Huddersfield, X84 to Carrcote, 589 to Burnley and 590 to Halifax.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...401&conf=0
There are (or should be) enough 59 branded Volvo B9TLs for the full PVR of the 59, however the allocation of the 58 has reverted to Volvo B7RLE running since the beginning of this year - this is official on duty sheets.

The 425, believe it or not, has B7RLEs allocated to it officially, however how often do you see more than two on the route these days? Wink

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

i passed a few today (425s), and all were citaros
(09/04/2013 20:38)P528LND Wrote:  There are (or should be) enough 59 branded Volvo B9TLs for the full PVR of the 59, however the allocation of the 58 has reverted to Volvo B7RLE running since the beginning of this year - this is official on duty sheets.

The 425, believe it or not, has B7RLEs allocated to it officially, however how often do you see more than two on the route these days? Wink

I know there are a few B9s with branding for the 58/59 (although they seem to end up on the 83s a lot), in the same way there is branding for the 36/37, 180/184, 409 and 471 on the B9s and Enviros. However, I thought that the 58/59 branded buses had the '58.59' logo (like the one in the photo link) removed from the sides and replaced with the standard 'Greater Manchester' logo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kj18181st/7234483626/

As for the 425, it does seem to be predominately Citaro rather than B7RLEs. Occasionally, you may find a Dart or a Solo on the route. The 149 (another route which has Citaros on the route) seems to be mainly B7RLEs at the moment. Oldham's allocation on the 408 is B7RLEs too.
The allocayors are a weird bunch at Pldham, I should know... But yeah haha
Actually the official allocation is Solos on the 408 during the week and Citaros on a Saturday! Though yes B7RLEs find their way on it more than anything.

Citaros are allocated to the 149 officially, except evenings where two are B9s from the 181/182 and the third being a Citaro from the day.

The 425 has a few more Volvos on it today, albeit one being 37546...

The 83 also officially has 3-4 Enviros and the rest Volvo B9 allocated.

The allocation of vehicles isn't very consistent at all, it's quite strange really, but with most things during peak hours interworked I'm not really surprised.

Those interested further, the 181/182 is allocated both B7 and B9, and the 24 has lots of inter working during the mornings and evenings meaning B7s on many journeys, however all other times its Citaros.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)