Current time: 01/07/2024, 06:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
The engines in Enviro300s are not too small for their size. The problem is poor MAN quality.

The days of large, naturally aspirated diesels are long gone - with the strict emissions standards of the modern day, its clear that small, turbocharged engines working hard(ish) produce the most power while retaining the best fuel burn.

Most of East Scotland's Kinetic bodied MANs have now been away for Cummins fitment, which by all accounts has been very successful - hence the Solo repowering program.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
taking about Enviro300's, 24115 is running on the 52/58 today
24112 was on 59/61 yesterday as well Smile
I think it's a shame that the Teesside Olympians are going as most of them are in perfect working order, hopefully many of them will be sold to other operators as they still have a lot of life left in them despite being step-entrance. Tridents are awful with Arriva but with Stagecoach's high standards they will probably be fine as Teesside is a lot flatter than County Durham so they shouldn't experience any crawling!

As for the MAN Enviro300's, I would say the engine is perfect for the size, they can get quite a speed but sadly they are horribly unreliable and MAN charge too much for maintenance and after they fell out over a possible Euro V MAN Engine (the reason why they now buy from Scania) they have to sort them out themselves.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Because I have see the Volvo olympian from new when stagecoach transit first got them in strips that why seeing dennis tridents is some think new to look at Volvo Olympian instead
(09/04/2013 11:52)NK07 FZG Wrote:  I think it's a shame that the Teesside Olympians are going as most of them are in perfect working order, hopefully many of them will be sold to other operators as they still have a lot of life left in them despite being step-entrance. Tridents are awful with Arriva but with Stagecoach's high standards they will probably be fine as Teesside is a lot flatter than County Durham so they shouldn't experience any crawling!

As for the MAN Enviro300's, I would say the engine is perfect for the size, they can get quite a speed but sadly they are horribly unreliable and MAN charge too much for maintenance and after they fell out over a possible Euro V MAN Engine (the reason why they now buy from Scania) they have to sort them out themselves.

MAN are now trying to win back Stagecoach after MAN changed their management team.
33123 was on 100 Metrocentre Shuttle today.
An amazing 6 ALX300s turned up on the 36 today as well as the appearance of 16840. Of those ALXs, 22018/466 are still out now on the 36.

Olympians 16831 was on the 13, 16832/5/9 were all on the 12/14/34 while 16838 was on the 52/58.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
With 24111 breaking down in Hartlepool, plus another one presumably going the same way, 7 of the 13 workings on the 36 were ALX operated by 1pm today, with at least 2 Enviro300s currently in the depot. Unlike the last two days, no Enviro300s were to be found on other routes. However, unlike yesterday, only one example (22020) will remain out until end of service tonight.

Olympians 16831/9 were on the 13, 16833/7 were on the 12, 16838 was on the 35 while there was one on the 12/14/34. 16836 covered a 59 as well. B10BLE 21104 was on the 52/58, 21141 joined 16831/9 on the 13 and 21150 on the 59/61.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Another Olympian was presumably on the 59 later as 22657 was involved in an RTA in Oxbridge while operating a 61.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)