Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(08/04/2013 12:59)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(08/04/2013 12:20)Polo Mint Wrote:  Don't the new hybrids already have Wifi fitted?

Yes they do Polo Mint. I haven't been on one to know if it works though. I'm sure someone on the forum has. I would guess that if Wifi is to be retrofitted on other vehicles it will probably begin with the MX10-*** Hybrids.

I would've thought that surely the route 76 branded buses and 10042 (I think) would also be some of the first buses to get WiFi fitted on them, but if 10000 wasn't sent to flipping Newcastle it too would've been fitted with WiFi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10000 was never going to be a permanant fixture of the Manchester fleet....
Possibly not Stagecoach Manchester. Whilst I was driving down the M60 from Oldham to Stockport yesterday evening (7th April) I saw 17466 (looked like ex-London bus) heading on the opposite carriageway towards the Oldham direction at about 1845. Can anyone tell me anything about it.
It was in a hybrid BLUE to just under the top deck windows & RED all the way down from there (or RED to just under the top deck windows & BLUE all the way down from there). The fleet number was in the usual space & white colour above the cab along the side facing me.
17466 is still in service with London. However, 17446 was donated to a dance troupe when disposed of last month.
237's were diverted for most of today via 236 route, then up through Tintwhistle, omitting most of Hadfield, due to road works.
I've searched the Stagecoach website yet no mention of it.
I'm told the road works will continue for most of the week, would have thought it would have been mentioned somewhere.
(08/04/2013 15:09)mbonwick Wrote:  17466 is still in service with London. However, 17446 was donated to a dance troupe when disposed of last month.

Cheers mbonwick. I would have thought they'd have painted over the fleet number.
Funny you should say about a dance troupe because within about 20 seconds a Leyland Olympian (Crosville type in all white) with "[somebody's] dance troupe" titles on the top deck also went past.
34054 and 34057 on the 512/513 today, with the destinations already programmed in.
(08/04/2013 16:43)Mayneway Wrote:  237's were diverted for most of today via 236 route, then up through Tintwhistle, omitting most of Hadfield, due to road works.
I've searched the Stagecoach website yet no mention of it.
I'm told the road works will continue for most of the week, would have thought it would have been mentioned somewhere.

We only found out about it today, and with recent events, its probably just not been dealt with.
(08/04/2013 16:46)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(08/04/2013 15:09)mbonwick Wrote:  17466 is still in service with London. However, 17446 was donated to a dance troupe when disposed of last month.

Cheers mbonwick. I would have thought they'd have painted over the fleet number.
Funny you should say about a dance troupe because within about 20 seconds a Leyland Olympian (Crosville type in all white) with "[somebody's] dance troupe" titles on the top deck also went past.

From what I've seen of dance troupes, they tend to be rather tight on funds. Most likely they are just very grateful to have a vehicle and painted in some semblance of their colours. Worrying about painting over fleetnumbers isn't going to be high up any private owners list!
Confirmation that the 559 is running the full route to Aspull (only Bolton-Hindley is subsided)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/8632550316/

User(s) browsing this thread: 141 Guest(s)