Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(07/04/2013 15:50)Polo Mint Wrote:  What make are the seats installed on the Enviro300/Enviro400? Those are alright but nowhere near as comfy as First seats.

I do enjoy the bench style seats, most ALX Series appear to have them as well as Magic Bus services. I find that interesting because didn't the individual non-bench seats start getting introduced long before the LED displays, with Stagecoach it appears to be the other way around.

Enviro300 & Enviro400 Have Practicos,so have ALX2/3/400s after around 2001ish - LED Displays started from Around 2002 Onwards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
LEDs started being fitted as standard in 2005. Practico seats became part of the spec in 1999/2000 (London's V reg ALX400s are the earliest I can think of).

However, Stagecoach are rather proactive at retrofitting LED displays to older vehicles, if it can be justified.
(07/04/2013 10:35)jimbo Wrote:  Stagecoach start the 447 Rochdale-Wallbank from tomorrow iirc - residents havnt been given any notice, is this normal?

What kind of notice should they have been given??
I actually really like the seats in the Enviro300s, compared to Arriva's Pulsars.
(07/04/2013 11:33)MX12EOC Wrote:  Hybrids on the 314! New normal I think (;

Yeh I noticed one, and also one on route 383 or 384 (forget which). I saw one on an evening working on route 325 the other day. It is odd to see them stray in view of the 192 branding.
(07/04/2013 20:17)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(07/04/2013 11:33)MX12EOC Wrote:  Hybrids on the 314! New normal I think (;

Yeh I noticed one, and also one on route 383 or 384 (forget which). I saw one on an evening working on route 325 the other day. It is odd to see them stray in view of the 192 branding.

Indeed, I agree but hey it's a hybrid on a new route!
Given that First are apparently rolling out free WiFi on all their buses later this year, is it likely that Stagecoach will follow suit?
Don't the new hybrids already have Wifi fitted?
Just looking at list of ex Maytree services taken over by Stagecoach which means that, as now serving every major town in Greater Manchester it is now truly Stagecoach Manchester from today. I wonder if they will use some of these (particularly commercial ex-Bluebird) services to introduce more cross city routes. Seem ideally placed now to do so.
(08/04/2013 12:20)Polo Mint Wrote:  Don't the new hybrids already have Wifi fitted?

Yes they do Polo Mint. I haven't been on one to know if it works though. I'm sure someone on the forum has. I would guess that if Wifi is to be retrofitted on other vehicles it will probably begin with the MX10-*** Hybrids.

User(s) browsing this thread: 47 Guest(s)