Current time: 02/05/2024, 16:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
On Tuesday 26th March I saw 12218 on route 192. I have not seen any ordinary Enviro400s on that route since then. I finally saw 12219 on Thursday.

I am disappointed about the Volvo B9TLs already leaving Wigan, for Fife. I'd have preferred them to stay at Wigan, or be hired by Stagecoach then return to First (potentially to top up leather-seated buses for routes 8, 36 and 37). This would have made for better operational continuity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Stagecoach have already made better operational continuity within their operations. Do you really think they'd pay First for an assest and then give it back to them?!

The B9TLs were non-standard in Manchester, so have been moved to Fife where there are already similar B7TLs and the engineering experience to go with. They've been replaced by 09 plated Enviro400s so I can't really see who has lost out (other than some other Stagecoach regions due to there now being 10 less 56 plated Enviro400s for cascade).
Personally I find Stagecoach standard seats appallingly uncomfortable, and would more likely find myself on a First journey on the X34 now because of the better comfort experience. Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Stagecoach start the 447 Rochdale-Wallbank from tomorrow iirc - residents havnt been given any notice, is this normal?
Hybrids on the 314! New normal I think (;
I ws misaken, it is the 446 that they are taking over
(07/04/2013 02:30)P528LND Wrote:  Personally I find Stagecoach standard seats appallingly uncomfortable, and would more likely find myself on a First journey on the X34 now because of the better comfort experience. Smile

I Actually like the pratico seats,either way both are better than urban 90`s
Not being biased, but I prefer the Practicos. For some reason, the Estebans on the QS Geminis are very firm and uncomfortable (not good for a cushioned fabric seat) to the point that it feels like travelling on something like X699ADK which has seats with very little padding!
(07/04/2013 13:25)Nicholas Wrote:  Not being biased, but I prefer the Practicos. For some reason, the Estebans on the QS Geminis are very firm and uncomfortable (not good for a cushioned fabric seat) to the point that it feels like travelling on something like X699ADK which has seats with very little padding!

Estebans seem to depend on what company,Transdev & Arriva`s Leather seated ones are great,but Firstbus are awful.Worst seats i think are First WY W>51Reg ALX400s,worst than Urban 90`s i`d say
What make are the seats installed on the Enviro300/Enviro400? Those are alright but nowhere near as comfy as First seats.

I do enjoy the bench style seats, most ALX Series appear to have them as well as Magic Bus services. I find that interesting because didn't the individual non-bench seats start getting introduced long before the LED displays, with Stagecoach it appears to be the other way around.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)