Current time: 27/09/2024, 13:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maytree Travel - Bolton
RE: Maytree Travel - Bolton
(02/04/2013 22:34)P528LND Wrote:  I can't decide if it was a fraudulent sale now or not, considering Maytree before the sale must have known there were going to be issues in regards to insurance.

The reason why Maytree will still struggle for insurance is because it is still a separate company in its own right.

Also, I retract my above statement, since it has been openly published now, it is open to freedom of interpretation and speech and really we shouldn't have a problem discussing the matter here Smile

Liam im guessing like me you have read the memo [i think ive seen you post on 'the other' forum in the past], the bit that i find confusing is that in the memo theirs no mention at all of MCT and it claims one of the national's may be interested depending on what happens in the next 7 days.

I can only think that perhaps becuase of the insurance issue the merger of Maytree and MCT may have fallen through.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The memo on the other forum does mention MCT and says that is how they discovered the problem with finding insurance. I'm not sure what to think of it all and that really shouldn't have been posted to an online forum so it's best not to speculate and see what happens in time.
(03/04/2013 13:14)sumner Wrote:  ...really shouldn't have been posted to an online forum so it's best not to speculate and see what happens in time.
Quite, poor decision on behalf of that driver. Sure fire way of landing the company in further problems if people are freely able to get hold of internal documents like that. Doesn't take much imagination to preempt public reaction to something like that.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I know that from reading their Facebook updates that currently at the moment virtually not a day goes by without them reporting a vehicle breakdown with them then explaining which service is affected, I'm just wondering whether TfGM have been taking an interest as most (but not all) of Maytree's work is tendered work

Like many people have said though it will be a shame for the drivers if they do go, although I've also heard and this might be hearsay that they might be problems with them paying the drivers as well but don't know how true this bit is
(03/04/2013 21:40)M60lad Wrote:  I know that from reading their Facebook updates that currently at the moment virtually not a day goes by without them reporting a vehicle breakdown with them then explaining which service is affected, I'm just wondering whether TfGM have been taking an interest as most (but not all) of Maytree's work is tendered work

Like many people have said though it will be a shame for the drivers if they do go, although I've also heard and this might be hearsay that they might be problems with them paying the drivers as well but don't know how true this bit is

This is apparently why one of the drivers has posted the memo, as he and some others are unhappy with the way they have been treated by management in recent weeks.
MCT now own them - they won't be having money issues. Trust me MCT seem to have a load of money going through their books atm... They just bought Tyrer's Rochdale services (434, 6, 451, 458, 444, 447 - most are only evening or sunday but yeah) and Maytree, as well as winning some LocalLink contracts, they won't be struggling.

CX54 Edit: Language suitable for all age groups please!
(03/04/2013 22:56)jimbo Wrote:  MCT now own them - they won't be having money issues. Trust me MCT seem to have a load of money going through their books atm... They just bought Tyrer's Rochdale services (434, 6, 451, 458, 444, 447 - most are only evening or sunday but yeah) and Maytree, as well as winning some LocalLink contracts, they won't be struggling.

CX54 Edit: Language suitable for all age groups please!

So whats happening then Jimbo?? Clearly there are issues if TFGM are putting emergeny tenders in place to possibly cover Maytree tenders, First have apparently brought a number of ex PMT Scania's out of storage to cover these services.
As i say we should hear one way or the other tomorrow afternoon - lets just hope its good news for the drivers!
Ill ask my mate at MCT to ask the managers whats going on :-\
(03/04/2013 22:56)jimbo Wrote:  MCT now own them - they won't be having money issues. Trust me MCT seem to have a load of money going through their books atm... They just bought Tyrer's Rochdale services (434, 6, 451, 458, 444, 447 - most are only evening or sunday but yeah) and Maytree, as well as winning some LocalLink contracts, they won't be struggling.

The Rochdale work wasn't bought by MCT, they are all emergency tenders as Holmeswood didn't want any GM work.
From what i was getting told just is that it looks like someone as stepped in to buy them out so ii think its just about wait and see as i feel sorry for the drivers and do hope its true that someone buys them as id hate to see anyone. put out of a job in this day and age with the current recession.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)