Current time: 17/09/2024, 15:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: Bradford Football Club
(23/02/2013 23:22)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(23/02/2013 22:44)DVL418 Wrote:  IF Bradford win, and I Hope they do, but decline the Europa Cup place, surely it will be offered to the runners-up, Swansea?

Come on you Bantams!

Aren't they throwing away a financial gain if they decide against going into The Europa League. Come on don't they want the chance to play in Europe.

I suspect that as they would have to play in the qualifying rounds which start in July against teams from the furthest corners of Europe with small support bases could be a factor.

However, Bradford are comfortably the best supported team in League 2 with home crowds regularly over 10,000, so there may be another reason - I would certainly relish my club playing in a European tournament, but that will almost certainly never happen.Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
5-0. Swansea seem quite happy to have the place!
(24/02/2013 17:53)SNL 824 Wrote:  5-0. Swansea seem quite happy to have the place!

Shame.

At least Bradford got further than any of the north western mega-£££ millions Premiership clubs in this season's competition. That can't be taken away from them.
They got further than any of the "mega-£££" Premiership clubs, not just exclusively north western ones.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(25/02/2013 00:15)CX06 EBK Wrote:  They got further than any of the "mega-£££" Premiership clubs, not just exclusively north western ones.

Indeed!!
you can opt out of any Fifa/uefa club competition it says so in the champions league rules as if you win the cl you can opt out of the club world cup and also the super cup as long as the runner up enters. you can also opt out of playing in certain countrys like isreal based on religious grounds/safety concerns.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(02/03/2013 14:59)SLTRegular Wrote:  you can opt out of any Fifa/uefa club competition it says so in the champions league rules as if you win the cl you can opt out of the club world cup and also the super cup as long as the runner up enters. you can also opt out of playing in certain countrys like isreal based on religious grounds/safety concerns.

Didn't know that. Thanks
RE: 2012/13 Football Season
Boo Hiss! Man United are out of the Champions League after losing 2-1 to Real Madrid (3-2 Agg). Suspect the referee ain't going to be in Sir Alex's good books after tonight's match, Nani got sent off after rising his foot to collect the ball and a Real Madrid player happened to run into his foot and get hit in the chest.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It's not often I find myself agreeing with Roy Keane, but he was right. It can easily be seen as borderline, but it's a red for me. Foot raised dangerously high regardless of whether he intended any harm or not. At the end of the day if you raise your foot like that and fail to watch your surroundings, you've only got yourself to blame if the referee takes a dim view of it. Keane also rightly said the leagues of Spain and Germany are ahead of England in terms of quality. We need more honest punditry like this rather than the egocentric ramblings of the likes of Shearer, Hanson and Dixon.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
A mate just driven past Old Trafford and Wickes were delivering several new internal doors and John Lewis a complete set of cups and saucers.

Also, an appeal has gone out on GMR for a black & white cat called St Mirren that was last seen flying through the air at about 11.00 last night in the Wilmslow area.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)