Current time: 19/05/2024, 16:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(21/02/2013 09:28)Palatine II Wrote:  
(21/02/2013 08:56)moreton407 Wrote:  T569 JJC on 413 this morning.

Indeed, a shocking allocation! If 886 breaks down, they're buggerd!
Absolutely, I'm surprised 886 made it out at all - I haven't seen it in Heswall for a couple of weeks - and it will break down.
And as for allocating a mini dart to the 413, never mind one that will inevitably be needed in Heswall......?
Is there a good reason they don't reverse the roles of these two buses? Surely it can't be because 819 has two less seats - or because the good folks of Heswall prefer air-conditioning in the middle of winter?
Find all posts by this user
(20/02/2013 19:44)R874 ERE Wrote:  When the ones from speke arrived at birkenhead they where constantly failing - i spoke to 2 mechanics 2/3 weeks after they arrived - they said theyd had at least 1 either breaking down or being called back into LS per day and that they'd had more trouble with the speke cadets than all the other buses in the depot put together for 2 months! I was told by both theyd been very poorly looked after mechanicly and there where numerous bodge jobs and lack of care toward them! The mechanics wern't impressed and they cost a fortune to repair to get them roadworthy.

Anyway.. .. I;ve been looking at the new 487 timetable, and noticed going to Ness Gardens it runs the same route as a 488 however adds in Greenfields. However on the way back, it is routed via little neston, hinderton road, breezehill road and raby park road before returning to brook street.. I assume this means passengers can stay on the bus at Ness Gardens? For example somebody could get on at Brook Street, stay on via Ness Gardens and get off in Little Neston?

I'd imagine this is to act as a replacement for GHA operated route 23 Neston Connect, which is withdrawn as of March 6th.

Luke

Yes I was a little surprised when I saw a 487 on Breezehill rd on Monday morning - hadn't checked the timetable - just assumed it would follow the 488 route. I presume this section is hail and ride - I don't think any mainline services have operated down there previously. And watch out for the speed bumps down there - they're vicious.
I agree Breezehill they are the worst i have seen , how much rattling will they induce in laird streets single deck fleet .
Cadet killers! Just to make the engineering staff happy.
I know what you mean, the speed bumps along there seem a bit too raised, if you drive over in a standard car at 20mph the front and back bumpers scrape the floor!

As for the hail and ride idea, i was told by a friend he saw council fellas along breezehill road putting up some bus stops last friday, whether they actually have or not is another matter!

I am no longer active on this forum.
If i remember correctly there is gouges in the road either side of those speed humps , they do what they say on the tin those speed humps .
886 was out in Heswall on Monday, which leads me to think the heating is never on when ever I've travelled on it, must be because the regular driver doesn't know how to operate the Sütrak thermostat to turn it to warm curtain heating rather than the air conditioning.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/02/2013 19:44)R874 ERE Wrote:  Anyway.. .. I;ve been looking at the new 487 timetable, and noticed going to Ness Gardens it runs the same route as a 488 however adds in Greenfields. However on the way back, it is routed via little neston, hinderton road, breezehill road and raby park road before returning to brook street.. I assume this means passengers can stay on the bus at Ness Gardens? For example somebody could get on at Brook Street, stay on via Ness Gardens and get off in Little Neston?

I'd imagine this is to act as a replacement for GHA operated route 23 Neston Connect, which is withdrawn as of March 6th.

Luke

Yes Luke, passengers can stay on at Ness Gardens while the driver has a break.
thanks for that N301!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Been informed that Green Lane Cadet 2551 is out on the 495 today, keep an eye out for that horrible bus!

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: