Current time: 30/04/2024, 22:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
With regards to the service in question with regards orrell park we are actually talking about diverted kirkby services which shouldnt stop at Orrell Park en route to Aintree where the rail replacement bus service would take them on to Fazakerley and Kirkby , these are not really ormskirk line services .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I understand that, what I'm saying is, if there is a ruling in the agreement between Merseytravel and Merseyrail stating that trains in passenger service must stop at every station en route, this would explain why they stop at Orrell Park.
Merseyrail is being a little "economical" with the facts, I'll explain later tonight.

Capenhurst!

I've got the concession agreement somewhere so when I get a chance I will explain in detail.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
(13/02/2013 11:42)LVC Wrote:  I understand that, what I'm saying is, if there is a ruling in the agreement between Merseytravel and Merseyrail stating that trains in passenger service must stop at every station en route, this would explain why they stop at Orrell Park.

I will say this again a kirkby doesnt have to stop at Orrell Park when on diversion to Aintree as the rail replacement bus service from aintree calls at fazakerley en route to Kirkby.
(13/02/2013 12:03)First Class Wrote:  Merseyrail is being a little "economical" with the facts, I'll explain later tonight.

Capenhurst!

I've got the concession agreement somewhere so when I get a chance I will explain in detail.

But wasnt this done to squeeze an extra couple of minutes turn round time at Chester .

4 mins previously now 6 minutes now was tight .
Forgot about Capenhurst! Wouldn't mind having a look at the concession agreement, I'm curious as to what Merseytravel's demands are, and what Merseyrail add on their own incentive.

16 minutes from Central to Aintree, 18 minutes from Central to Kirkby, may be why trains stop at Orrell Park, means minimal tweaking of the service, and if they did non stop, it would cause confusion for passengers, who would see an Aintree train and assume it stops there...
To be honest trains on diversion to aintree should still marked up as kirkby services with an on train announcement to advise that the service is diverted to aintree at Kirkdale .
The trains that were going to Aintree did display Kirkby and the displays on the platforms at all the Ormskirk line stations had them listed as Kirkby trains too.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(13/02/2013 22:08)LVC Wrote:  Forgot about Capenhurst! Wouldn't mind having a look at the concession agreement, I'm curious as to what Merseytravel's demands are, and what Merseyrail add on their own incentive.

16 minutes from Central to Aintree, 18 minutes from Central to Kirkby, may be why trains stop at Orrell Park, means minimal tweaking of the service, and if they did non stop, it would cause confusion for passengers, who would see an Aintree train and assume it stops there...

Confusion is the key word here. You'd be amazed how many passengers take no notice of onboard announcements.
the hooton resignalling is literally a week a way what kind of signal is it?? is it either LED or standard liverpool south parkway's 3 aspect signals. probably LCD

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)