Current time: 06/05/2024, 15:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I have been told the Enviro400s will be replacing the B9s, so can only assume the B9s are due to leave at some point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Could the B9s be moving to Chester/Rock Ferry replacing older deckers, therefore keeping the Geminis together?
(01/02/2013 19:00)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I would like to see Stagecoach increase double deck operation in Wigan, after all when it was GMPTE (before First), it was nearly all double deck.

Somewhat of a deja vu. This trend is far from exclusive to Greater Manchester towns i.e Wigan, but also apparent in far more densely populated cities with routes of significantly higher patronage. Namely...Liverpool!
(01/02/2013 19:00)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(01/02/2013 11:29)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Im not sure if the Enviro400 are permanently for wigan or just whilst the b9s get refurbed!

I for one hope that the Enviro400's are permanent at Wigan, also that the refurb B9's remain at Wigan.

I would like to see Stagecoach increase double deck operation in Wigan, after all when it was GMPTE (before First), it was nearly all double deck.

Given that 30 something single deckers have recently joined Wigan, I would think it unlikely that double deck operation would be increased. Therefore I would think it's one or the other, Enviro400's or B9's. Which does sort of prompt the question - If B9's are leaving, why are they being refurbished?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the new 'Wigan Rider' now in place, are the £12 Manchester Mega Riders valid on Stagecoach Wigan routes?
Thanks.
(01/02/2013 20:30)ace Wrote:  Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the new 'Wigan Rider' now in place, are the £12 Manchester Mega Riders valid on Stagecoach Wigan routes?
Thanks.
Yes they are! On a seperate note the b9,s at wigan are a lot better bus than the Enviro400,s!
(01/02/2013 19:28)K101HUM Wrote:  
(01/02/2013 19:00)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I would like to see Stagecoach increase double deck operation in Wigan, after all when it was GMPTE (before First), it was nearly all double deck.

Somewhat of a deja vu. This trend is far from exclusive to Greater Manchester towns i.e Wigan, but also apparent in far more densely populated cities with routes of significantly higher patronage. Namely...Liverpool!

would love liverpool to start using more of the likes of solos,just to see the reaction on here LOLLOL

anyway,back To the topic.In this day and age,DD Cost a lot in fuel & maitenance to what a SD Cost,i remember someone on here saying when it first broke out over stagecoach buying wigan that apart from school services,most wigan locals could be solo operated,now ive only visitied wigan 2 or 3 times within the last 5 years or so,so for all i know passenger numbers might have gone up,but when i last went there was arrows going around with about 10-15 people on.If stagecoach can get away with using cheap to run mini/midi buses,then there not going to chuck deckers on these routes just to say they operate aload of deckers are they
(01/02/2013 20:25)ace Wrote:  
(01/02/2013 19:00)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(01/02/2013 11:29)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Im not sure if the Enviro400 are permanently for wigan or just whilst the b9s get refurbed!

I for one hope that the Enviro400's are permanent at Wigan, also that the refurb B9's remain at Wigan.

I would like to see Stagecoach increase double deck operation in Wigan, after all when it was GMPTE (before First), it was nearly all double deck.

Given that 30 something single deckers have recently joined Wigan, I would think it unlikely that double deck operation would be increased. Therefore I would think it's one or the other, Enviro400's or B9's. Which does sort of prompt the question - If B9's are leaving, why are they being refurbished?

The 30 something single decks that have recently entered service at Wigan, were intended as replacements for the old crap that first operated.
The B9s are probably still being refurbished even though they are leaving because they aren't likely to be leaving Stagecoach ownership, just Wigan, so they'll still need to remove all traces of First.
Interesting workings today were of 17617 operating from Sharston on 12:45 84 Piccadilly-Reddish serive, also not sure if its a regular working since the timetable change but one of HE's own Hybrid Enviro 400s is out and about tonight on 50 East Didsbury-MediaCityUK service

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)