Current time: 16/06/2024, 04:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Been a bad evening for Manchester commuters tonight.
A signalling problem at hunts cross has delayed services badly.
There were delays of up to 90 mins at one point.
Also affecting TPE / EMT
Find all posts by this user
(23/01/2013 20:43)N271CKB Wrote:  Been a bad evening for Manchester commuters tonight.
A signalling problem at hunts cross has delayed services badly.
There were delays of up to 90 mins at one point.
Also affecting TPE / EMT

There was an EMT class 158/9 bound for nottingham in hunts cross at 8pm last night which was stuck at a red signal the driver was out of his cab and was using the telephone on the signal post he was given permission to pass the signal at red sounding his horn as he moved off.
Due to signalling difficulties on the approach to Stockport services between Manchester Piccadilly and Chester via Knutsford will be replaced by alternative transport between Stockport and Altrincham.
Currently nothing out of Lime St towards Huyton, due to failed train at Wavertree.
The 8.57 Blackpool onwards are still in the platforms.
Is there currently any schedule freight services on the Liverpool Manchester line?
Northern were having a few problems thia afternoon between Blackpool and Liverpool. I was coming back from Blackpool, arrived at Blackpool North at 1605 expecting to catch the 1637 back to St Helens to find the service had been cancelled. So caught the 1620 Manchester Vic service to Preston, the the 1658 Virgin London Euston service to Wigan, at Wigan, the 1738 Liverpool stopper came in to Platform 6 (156+142), at around 1735 the driver announced on the PA that we were waiting for a conductor who was stuck in Preston but would be on the next train down (apparently there were problems in that area due to a broken down train), then at around 1740, the driver announced that when the conductor arrived, the service would run non-stop to Liverpool and anyone for any intermediate stattions would have to wait for the 1808 service - this meant that stations between Wigan and Prescot had no service for a full hour between 1708 and 1808 - not good at all on what was quite a busy day in the Wigan area with Wigan Athletics playing at home.
No driver for the 1635 Blackpool North-Liverpool Lime Street, which was also the conductors booked passenger ride to work the 1738 Wigan-Liverpool Lime Street.
(02/02/2013 22:24)Merseyrail 507/508 Wrote:  No driver for the 1635 Blackpool North-Liverpool Lime Street, which was also the conductors booked passenger ride to work the 1738 Wigan-Liverpool Lime Street.

Thanks for clarifying that Merseyrail 507/508. I may as well have just waited an extra hour in Blackpool then as I arrived back in St Helens around 10 minutes before that service would have arrived. Pretty tough call though when you're trying to work out the options.
The 18:13 Liverpool Lime Street-Manchester Airport was another casualty of the problems yesterday, apparently it ran over 30mins late and then only as far as Piccadilly, think this was down to shortage of train crew, then 18:55 Lime Street-Warrington Central was being given out over the station PA as delayed but a conductor turned up on time.

Also I know its not 'Northern Rail' but Trans Pennine Express had their own problems last night as due to a Unit fault 19:22 Lime Street-York service was cancelled although I pretty certain I saw it run into Lime Street while I was on 18:55 to Warrington Central
The late running of the 1813 was down to the unit off the 1635 Blackpool North-Liverpool Lime Street being booked to work the 1813, and the driver off that 1635 Blackpool North-Liverpool is supposed to work the 1813 Airport.

That TPE hit an obstruction on the line at Widnes.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)