Current time: 28/04/2024, 09:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
A Solo SR has indeed made it onto a long 320, 715 to be specific. Not a regular occurrence though. The only place you can be sure to find an SR is on 32/As, 33s or 35/As with anything else being relatively unusual.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/01/2013 21:11)Metroline1511 Wrote:  With these Solo SRs on route 320 lately, I'd quite like to ride one from St Helens to Wigan next Saturday. I'd also like route 34 to be a Marshall or a refurbished Pointer. I rode an MTL-moquetted Pointer on route 34 in 2010 in place of then regular ex-North Western Scania single-deckers.

As a regular on the 34, a Marshall is a possibility, as already pointed out, the only refurbished pointer is 2324 which has ran on the route (and I did a journey on this particular vehicle). The 34 can see anything from Pulsars to Volvos, Cadets and Darts of either Pointer or Marshall kind. Solo's (both SR and original) have appeared very occaisionally (ironically they have appeared on the very busy Market Day Fridays which I can only imagine didn't go down well with either drivers or passengers).
if you want 2324 it makes it onto the 360 (wigan to warrington) a good 75 percent of the time

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wouldn't exactly say that BBB, the Darts that have come from Bolton are allocated no differently to any of the other Darts and, indeed, I've seen 2324 allocated across a selection of routes this past week!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Is there an allocation policy with regards to vehicles at Arriva depots with services other than QBP routes , in St Helens im not sure if there is any particularly tight locations for vehicles of a fuller length that a shorter wheelbased vehicle may be able to get round .
I don't think there is any real problem in terms of tight locations as all routes have seen a fair share of full size and minibus sized vehicles allocated to them at varying times. I think the only issue in terms of allocation is capacity, hence the reason why the 35/35A for example are generally Solo/Solo SR operated (although bigger vehicles do appear on these routes at times).
true but i know it gets on that route the most out of other routes as when am tagging along with my mate on the route we have it or see it most times

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/01/2013 23:16)St Helens Rider Wrote:  As a regular on the 34, a Marshall is a possibility, as already pointed out, the only refurbished pointer is 2324 which has ran on the route (and I did a journey on this particular vehicle). The 34 can see anything from Pulsars to Volvos, Cadets and Darts of either Pointer or Marshall kind. Solo's (both SR and original) have appeared very occaisionally (ironically they have appeared on the very busy Market Day Fridays which I can only imagine didn't go down well with either drivers or passengers).

Thanks St Helens Rider. This clarifies that route 34 sees a big variety of bus types. My priority will be a Solo SR on a local service if necessary. IIRC the refurb Dart 3234 was on route 38 on 28.1.12 but can clearly appear on other routes. I shall mostly ride whatever bus is convenient next Saturday but I prefer Marshalls and Pointers in MTL or 2009 moquette to most other buses at St Helens.
2254 ob 34/34A this afternoon.
2269 on 38
2714 on 10A - seen a few B10BLEs popping up on here recently

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)