Current time: 02/05/2024, 04:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(16/01/2013 08:24)R971XVM Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 08:17)MX12EOC Wrote:  10000 (MX12 EOC) Spotted on the 192 to Hazel Grove at 08:11

What's so special about that?

Special because it was away to Guildford for some form of maintenance at their ADL Factory there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/01/2013 00:27)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Stagecoach Manchester Enviro Enviro400's have worked in on ocassions on services 32 and X34 to cover breakdowns.

Thanks Gilesbus, for the explainion on why I have seen Enviro400's working on Wigans' routes!

It is not always possible to see the fleetnumbers etc, when I am driving through Wigan or anywhere else.

For the last two weeks I have spent most of my time collecting and delivering in the Clitheroe area, albeit I did have a delivery in Haywards Heath last week.
(16/01/2013 08:26)MX12EOC Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 08:24)R971XVM Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 08:17)MX12EOC Wrote:  10000 (MX12 EOC) Spotted on the 192 to Hazel Grove at 08:11

What's so special about that?

Special because it was away to Guildford for some form of maintenance at their ADL Factory there.

Although maintainence is a possibility, its more likely to have been away for assessment etc related to its developmental euro6 engine.

By the way, it would seem our little 192 Hybrid challenge will have to wait longer than anticipated. They don't come into service until the 27th Jan, whilst we originally thought the first 2 would be in service on 2nd Jan. There will be 17 to go at from the off though, so it could be an interesting few days LOL
(16/01/2013 20:34)ace Wrote:  

By the way, it would seem our little 192 Hybrid challenge will have to wait longer than anticipated. They don't come into service until the 27th Jan, whilst we originally thought the first 2 would be in service on 2nd Jan. There will be 17 to go at from the off though, so it could be an interesting few days LOL

Yup! Sad I was misled by my reliable source Sad Oh well, challenge is still accepted! I was hoping to do the challenge before school started so I had more time but still :p I get the 192 everyday so what they heck? Smile Good luck on the challenge (do I really mean this or not? xD)
(16/01/2013 21:47)MX12EOC Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 20:34)ace Wrote:  

Yup! Sad I was misled by my reliable source Sad Oh well, challenge is still accepted! I was hoping to do the challenge before school started so I had more time but still :p I get the 192 everyday so what they heck? Smile Good luck on the challenge (do I really mean this or not? xD)

Good luck to you as well Smile I get it every day as well to get to work, so this should be good Smile
(16/01/2013 22:31)ace Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 21:47)MX12EOC Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 20:34)ace Wrote:  By the way, it would seem our little 192 Hybrid challenge will have to wait longer than anticipated. They don't come into service until the 27th Jan, whilst we originally thought the first 2 would be in service on 2nd Jan. There will be 17 to go at from the off though, so it could be an interesting few days LOL

Good luck to you as well Smile I get it every day as well to get to work, so this should be good Smile
I found out what it's delayed! Operational difficulties is the cause of he delay, wether it be driver training or branding of the buses.
There was a good indication in last weeks Coach & Bus Week as to why FirstGroup sold Wigan to Stagecoach, in an interview with its chief executive, Wigan wasn't losing money and had the margins it wanted, however teh fleet age was too high and in order to replace the fleet with modern stock which appears to be what they wanted to do would have required the Margins dropping so it was either just profitable or unprofitable. It was unique amongst the depots FirstGRoup is selling and thats the only reason why it was sold.

Makes me thing when those B10BLE's where moved by FirstGroup to Aberdeen and older ones cascaded in from Bolton that was the start of the mistake regarding Wigan, Aberdeen should have taken all the older B10BLE's as obviously it now will have teh same issue everything at about teh same age becoming time expired. In terms of Wigan it would have bought it 5 more years in terms of newer B10BLE's to instigate a replacement programme.

It appears the programe of concentrating Volvo's at Wigan and Scania's at Bolton at that time didn't help.

I will put more findings from the interviews with both him and Giles Fearnley ona general FirstGroup post in the general section.
19189 is my nomination for the coldest bus in the fleet. It felt colder this morning on board than it was outside and there were no heating vents visible down the side of the bus.
The retention of MAN-engined 19621-40 at Stockport meets with my approval so that I can still ride them at times locally.

I would have liked the E400Hs to enter service on route 192 by next Saturday, 26th, as I am due to go to Wigan via Manchester and would have liked to ride one the same day as a new Enviro300 in Wigan.

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)