Current time: 03/05/2024, 08:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
come on you know you like to be on your toes really nic Wink

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Slightly OT, but does anyone know the standard dimensions of Stagecoach's Hanover LED displays?
Find all posts by this user
(11/01/2013 20:35)Nicholas Wrote:  Slightly OT, but does anyone know the standard dimensions of Stagecoach's Hanover LED displays?

144x19
96x8
32x17
thank you!
(11/01/2013 19:56)Nicholas Wrote:  I cannot understand how foul play can even be suspected? The takeover wasn't hostile, in fact the original buyer pulled out at the last minute hence becoming available to the next in line... that being Stagecoach.

Are we allowed to know who the original buyer was?? and is it known why they pulled out?
(10/01/2013 23:59)ste Wrote:  I reckon companies like SLT were getting a easy ride against First with lack of investment and hiked up fares. And now that a company has come in and is investing money in the fleet whilst slashing prices they are worried. But what can the OFT do? Insist First retake over the depot? Surely if it rejects Stagecoach another company would be sought or the town would have no bus service.

You can understand smaller companies being slightly worried though. You only have to look at the way Stagecoach behaved towards Dennis's, Mayne's and the mighty UK North, in my opinion they have always been a bigger threat to smaller companies than First.
Infact its only recently that First seemed to have fought back against JPT.
(11/01/2013 21:01)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  
(11/01/2013 20:35)Nicholas Wrote:  Slightly OT, but does anyone know the standard dimensions of Stagecoach's Hanover LED displays?

144x19
96x8
32x17
I think it's actually 36x19 the rear display, though newer buses may have the 32x17 in the rear as with First.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
I would expect any OFT investigation now to be a normal course of action, lets not forget McGills take-over of Arriva Scotland West and Arriva MIdlands takeover of Midland from D & G have also attacted investigations.

These are a result of the report last year into competition in the bus industry which basically stated any purcahse by a large group of anything would be subject to refferal.

As there is no takeover on teh take at this stage for any Wigan Area Independsent operators there is no case to answer as no monopoly is being created, in fact its produced more operators in the Leigh Area.

In the unlikely event a disposal was ordered it would be unlikely any investment could be reclamed by Stagecoach as the MMC would set the terms of agreement which normally insiosts that present buses are passed to a new operator. Also it would be Stagecoach's job to sell it on it would not be subject to any return to FirstGroup unless in the unlilely event they wanted to buy it back.
However all the above is unlikely.

However it is liklely that an investigation will be launched also into the take-over of Chester and Wirral operations similarly if this is the case with this take-over.

Also the repaint programme is halted until results of this take-over are known and it may be liklely that a halt to any fleet changes may be made so plenty of chance to ride on B10BLE's and Dennis Arrows for a while yet.
(12/01/2013 04:29)P528LND Wrote:  
(11/01/2013 21:01)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  

144x19
96x8
32x17
I think it's actually 36x19 the rear display, though newer buses may have the 32x17 in the rear as with First.

100% certain the Stagecoach ones are 32x17.
(12/01/2013 00:14)Mayneway Wrote:  
(11/01/2013 19:56)Nicholas Wrote:  I cannot understand how foul play can even be suspected? The takeover wasn't hostile, in fact the original buyer pulled out at the last minute hence becoming available to the next in line... that being Stagecoach.

Are we allowed to know who the original buyer was?? and is it known why they pulled out?

I've always been led to believe that it was National Express that pulled out of the sale.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)