Current time: 05/05/2024, 02:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(23/11/2012 11:54)Nicholas Wrote:  
(22/11/2012 21:37)Mayneway Wrote:  It raises another issue.
I noticed today that the standard fare for passengers travelling without a valid pass or ticket has gone up to £50 (I'm sure it was £20 last time I read the poster on the buses) but if said driver told me to 'get one later' and an inspector boarded the bus and asked to check tickets (although this has never happened in the last 4 years I've used stagecoach buses) where would I stand. Surly the driver isn't going to drop him/her self in it by admitting there's 4 or 5 passengers travelling for free because I couldn't be bothered doing them mega riders.

If the driver says "get one later" and an inspector boards, he/she must mention that passengers have been asked to sit down, otherwise there could be severe consequences.

If you ever find yourself in this situation, tell the inspector exactly what the driver has said to you and if one is issued, take the Standard Fare ticket. Whatever you do, do not pay up "on the spot". Ring the office and we can follow it up - after all, all buses have CCTV fitted and the one above the cab has a microphone. The Standard Fare can always be cancelled later.

The embarrassment caused though on a busy bus carn't be put right later! All because of a lazy driver.

I like Ace said would be inclined to take it further if it ever happened to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Until Mbonwick or who ever posts official fleetlcards i think we should wait and see with both wigan and bluebird and Chester and Wirral
This coming from you! Finally seen sense, yes!!
(23/11/2012 00:27)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I obviously can't count Blush

MAN's 22301-22305/8/51-55/7/8/400-407 TOTAL = 21
Dart SLF's 33074/5/7/772/5/9/80/4596-604 TOTAL = 16 = 37

I would expect that some of the MAN's may make inroads into the normal service diagrams of the Dennis Arrows thus reducing the Arrow fleet by 2-3 buses.

Someone is destined to get a nice collection of secondhand B10BLE's with all the ones Stagecoach have in store not just the ones here but also others, I seem to recall Tanat Valley wanting some.

According to the Stagecoach North East thread, some B10BLEs have just been sold. What a pity these and others ex-Gillmoss could not have come to Wigan briefly to replace elderly First single-deckers!

I saw Dart 33091 (I think) on route 112 next Saturday. Alas this forum was down last weekend so I could not post it at the time.

I am planning a round trip Stockport - Bolton - Wigan - Leigh - Wigan (via a different route) - Manchester - Stockport once the Wigan takeover is complete and Megariders are confirmed valid on the enlarged Stagecoach Manchester network.
(24/11/2012 21:24)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(23/11/2012 00:27)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I obviously can't count Blush

MAN's 22301-22305/8/51-55/7/8/400-407 TOTAL = 21
Dart SLF's 33074/5/7/772/5/9/80/4596-604 TOTAL = 16 = 37

I would expect that some of the MAN's may make inroads into the normal service diagrams of the Dennis Arrows thus reducing the Arrow fleet by 2-3 buses.

Someone is destined to get a nice collection of secondhand B10BLE's with all the ones Stagecoach have in store not just the ones here but also others, I seem to recall Tanat Valley wanting some.

According to the Stagecoach North East thread, some B10BLEs have just been sold. What a pity these and others ex-Gillmoss could not have come to Wigan briefly to replace elderly First single-deckers!

I saw Dart 33091 (I think) on route 112 next Saturday. Alas this forum was down last weekend so I could not post it at the time.

I am planning a round trip Stockport - Bolton - Wigan - Leigh - Wigan (via a different route) - Manchester - Stockport once the Wigan takeover is complete and Megariders are confirmed valid on the enlarged Stagecoach Manchester network.

You think you saw 33091 next Saturday? I'm confused-can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers too?LOLUndecided
(24/11/2012 21:55)gilbert Wrote:  You think you saw 33091 next Saturday? I'm confused-can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers too?LOLUndecided

With all this Christmas hype and music, I feel that it is already Christmas, so Sat 1st Dec is already in the past!! Hammer

I meant last Saturday, but I think next Saturday's lottery numbers will be 7, 11, 15, 23, 42 and 50, coincidentally all Stagecoach Manchester route numbers!!Laugh 2
(24/11/2012 22:46)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(24/11/2012 21:55)gilbert Wrote:  You think you saw 33091 next Saturday? I'm confused-can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers too?LOLUndecided

With all this Christmas hype and music, I feel that it is already Christmas, so Sat 1st Dec is already in the past!! Hammer

I meant last Saturday, but I think next Saturday's lottery numbers will be 7, 11, 15, 23, 42 and 50, coincidentally all Stagecoach Manchester route numbers!!Laugh 2

If number 50 comes up on a Saturday,it'll be a first
I think he's actually trying to predict the EuroMillions numbers, although we're short of the Lucky Stars!
I'm sorry guys,

I don't know if this is true, Someone has inform that 35 stagecoach bus come Bryn depot today has arrive or whatever in the hour?

Anyone know about that? i know i don't want anyone get fool like this.

Any confirm?

Thank you,

Martyn
Dave4Jackie - Martyn has difficulty with his typing due to being disabled.

What he is trying to ask is have the "30-odd" (the exact number keeps changing!) Stagecoach liveried vehicles arrived at Bryn this afternoon. Martyn, I don't know myself as I have had a few days off work but will try and find out tomorrow unless someone tells me otherwise this evening.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)