Current time: 24/04/2024, 05:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Interesting tactic from one First driver this morning on the 18, trying to get some passengers on board from Rusholme to Manchester. Instead of displaying Langley, the driver decided to put Manchester on the front.

Perhaps this could be something for First to consider, as some people might not know where Langley is, so if they did something like they did with the 58 to Bury and have something like 'Manchester then Langley via Middleton'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Similar to the new 81A OLDHAM, Holts Estate display, I think it's most effective as the key point on the route is the major town centres. Maybe even have two different display set ups so that the 81A displays OLDHAM then Holts Estate until Oldham, then at Oldham they change it to HOLTS ESTATE via Waterhead? Just a thought, it would make more sense that way though.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(13/11/2012 23:34)P528LND Wrote:  Similar to the new 81A OLDHAM, Holts Estate display, I think it's most effective as the key point on the route is the major town centres. Maybe even have two different display set ups so that the 81A displays OLDHAM then Holts Estate until Oldham, then at Oldham they change it to HOLTS ESTATE via Waterhead? Just a thought, it would make more sense that way though.

It's similar to what Metrolink do on the Oldham Mumps-St Werburgh's Road service. Trams from Oldham Mumps to Manchester display 'St Werburgh's Road via Victoria' and when it arrives at Victoria, it changes to 'St Werburgh's Road' only.
Seen solo 40013 doing the 125 Middleton via wherever today
(14/11/2012 21:16)Benzo Wrote:  Seen solo 40013 doing the 125 Middleton via wherever today

Middleton - Hollin/Langley - Middleton Circular if I recall Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

(14/11/2012 20:29)SF07 Wrote:  
(13/11/2012 23:34)P528LND Wrote:  Similar to the new 81A OLDHAM, Holts Estate display, I think it's most effective as the key point on the route is the major town centres. Maybe even have two different display set ups so that the 81A displays OLDHAM then Holts Estate until Oldham, then at Oldham they change it to HOLTS ESTATE via Waterhead? Just a thought, it would make more sense that way though.

It's similar to what Metrolink do on the Oldham Mumps-St Werburgh's Road service. Trams from Oldham Mumps to Manchester display 'St Werburgh's Road via Victoria' and when it arrives at Victoria, it changes to 'St Werburgh's Road' only.

Indeed! I find that approach less confusing to all. Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

40444 was sounding a little worse for wear this evening on the 53. Making a funny droning noise as it was travelling along.
(15/11/2012 08:13)P528LND Wrote:  Middleton - Hollin/Langley - Middleton Circular if I recall Smile

The loops via Alkrington and back to Middleton
(12/11/2012 07:26)M60lad Wrote:  Speaking of Citaroes has anybody seen 64029 recently only I was talking to a Bury Driver I know last week and he's adamant that he hasn't seen it for a while either in the depot or out in service, just wondering if its still about and if it isn't where has it gone

64029 Was at Bolton for a fortnight having Mot work done, since returning back to Bury, its done the 510 a lot about 7 times, and also 469S/454/457s
I rode a few First buses last Saturday including 33657 on route 36 and 36280 on route 184. It was indeed a birthday-week treat from First to be able to ride examples of both batches of ex-Olympics double-deckers on the same day! I rode another leather-seated bus 69528 on route 582, and "ordinary" 37288 on route 100.

The route 582 Eclipses had been repainted remarkably early as they were only new last year, but then route 582 is a flagship route. I noticed that with routes 67 and 100 being double-decked, the frequencies have been cut.

With the deliveries of Geminis in 2008-09 and Enviro 400s (and 2 more Geminis) this year, First Manchester has more double-deckers than for many years now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)