Current time: 03/05/2024, 05:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(18/10/2012 17:53)sumner Wrote:  I think Arriva have got Streetlites down south somewhere, already delivered and probably in service.

Arriva Southern Counties have two batches of DF StreetLites (five in each) - one that operates route 116 in the Medway area, delivered in January, and the other batch operates route 477 in Dartford, delivered in July.

The Medway batch is all 10.2m models whilst the Dartford batch is all 10.8m.

Ex-gas powered Dennis Dart/ Plaxton Super Pointer 2291 (6248) S249 UVR was withdrawn last night on expiry of its MOT leaving 2293 as the last one of these relatively unique Darts left.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Any idea when 2293 is due off mate? Fancy a trip up to Southport for this and also any of the millenium fleet.

RIP 96 - YNWA
I wouldn't have thought it has too long left but i would be quick. Apparently 2294 will be picked up this week and towed over the moors- probably by PVS of Carlton.
Apparently, Marshall V648 DVU (7648) has returned to Bootle... Undecided

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/10/2012 08:33)B10B6514 Wrote:  I wouldn't have thought it has too long left but i would be quick. Apparently 2294 will be picked up this week and towed over the moors- probably by PVS of Carlton.

I know you have already reported that 2291/2 were withdrawn, but can you confirm if they have already been sent to PVS? Thanks.
Both 2291 and 2292 are parked alongside eachother inside Canning Road in the old paintshop. The Streetlite has departed Southport being parked in the depot at around 15:00 yesterday with logo's and cash/ticket equipment removed, when I got in after my duty it had gone. I've been very reliabley informed that the five Palatine's (3309/10/12/19 and 36) are to be replaced in January by two newer double deckers from Bolton, one T-reg and one V-reg, so I can assume they are 3362 and 3615, and the three Y-reg Dennis Tridents from Birkenhead (4000-4002). 7648 is back at Bootle for some electrical work then it will return to Southport and then 2293 will/may be withdrawn.
If Birkenhead is giving up 4000/1/2 then there replacements can not be that far away at birkenhead.
The replacement will probably be formed by the 33 order of hybrid deckers; only 20 Enviro 400s will be leaving, 2 are meant to be remaining.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(25/10/2012 12:27)STTDCi Wrote:  Both 2291 and 2292 are parked alongside eachother inside Canning Road in the old paintshop. The Streetlite has departed Southport being parked in the depot at around 15:00 yesterday with logo's and cash/ticket equipment removed, when I got in after my duty it had gone. I've been very reliabley informed that the five Palatine's (3309/10/12/19 and 36) are to be replaced in January by two newer double deckers from Bolton, one T-reg and one V-reg, so I can assume they are 3362 and 3615, and the three Y-reg Dennis Tridents from Birkenhead (4000-4002). 7648 is back at Bootle for some electrical work then it will return to Southport and then 2293 will/may be withdrawn.
Thanks for this information. I'm glad to hear that 7648 isn't back in Bootle's fleet...! Laugh

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)