Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Reading through some of the comment, somebody on the website suggested that the Enviros were acquired because Wright/Volvo couldn't build the B9s in time.

this statement is indeed true as volvo b9s were firsts vehicle of choice when they got the contract they asked for 200 b9s but volvo/wrightbus said they couldnt complete that many in the time needed. so they asked adl to build some enviro 40d`s so they could get the vehicles through all the olympic delvery authority specs. ie emmisions low floor under 10yr old and without interfering with other parts of the busines so it was 100 b9 and 100 enviro e40d`s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
1> Is it true that First are actually happy with the build quality of Enviro 400s and will be ordering more Enviro 400s or more ADL products in the future

2> Is there a reason why Highbridge Enviro 400s were ordered rather than the standard low-height versions, its not justy me asking this question I know a number of drivers have asked the question as well

3> Why have some of Manchester's Enviro 400s got tinted windows and some haven't? Are they both from different batches
Further variety with the 816 this morning. Only ½ hour ago, about to turn onto Councillor Lane, today's offering was 60384. (maybe this has moved to Ashton. Does someone know?)
(24/10/2012 07:16)M60lad Wrote:  1> Is it true that First are actually happy with the build quality of Enviro 400s and will be ordering more Enviro 400s or more ADL products in the future

2> Is there a reason why Highbridge Enviro 400s were ordered rather than the standard low-height versions, its not justy me asking this question I know a number of drivers have asked the question as well

3> Why have some of Manchester's Enviro 400s got tinted windows and some haven't? Are they both from different batches

Firstbus Order Highbridge buses as standerd,i know this because theres routes in my area that had to be converted to Single Decker because firstbus wouldnt buy Lowheight
(24/10/2012 07:24)YSV-205 Wrote:  Further variety with the 816 this morning. Only ½ hour ago, about to turn onto Councillor Lane, today's offering was 60384. (maybe this has moved to Ashton. Does someone know?)

YH ITS BIN ON LOAN FOR BOUT 4 WEEKS
(24/10/2012 09:37)james Wrote:  
(24/10/2012 07:24)YSV-205 Wrote:  Further variety with the 816 this morning. Only ½ hour ago, about to turn onto Councillor Lane, today's offering was 60384. (maybe this has moved to Ashton. Does someone know?)

YH ITS BIN ON LOAN FOR BOUT 4 WEEKS

Thanks James (by the way what does "YH" mean?
(24/10/2012 11:27)YSV-205 Wrote:  Thanks James (by the way what does "YH" mean?

Think he means 'yeah'.

New timetables have been uploaded on the TfGM for most of the First service changes scheduled for this weekend, with the exceptions being the 17, 27, 149, 180/184/X84 and 410/411.

18 will call at bus stations at Middleton and Shudehill, as the original timetable on Traveline suggested they wouldn't but looking now, it does, so could be possible that it was another late change from First, particularly as there was a route variation change on VOSA earlier this week.

One change not mentioned on the 350 is that the Sunday daytime journeys that terminate at Greenfield will extend to Uppermill, which is a sensible move from First, as improves links between Saddleworth and Tameside plus Uppermill is a better place to turn around than at Greenfield Clarence Hotel.
Advert in the Manchester Evening News today saying that there will be a free ticket offer in tomorrow's paper for First bus. Not sure what kind of ticket offer it is though. Whatever the offer is, it'll be more value for money if you get the free edition in the city centre.
They have rolled out adverts on local radio today too, heard it several times, although the first time I heard it while driving to work I had to giggle to myself. The bit about the modern passenger friendly buses got me. I'm sure First are wearing Rose tinted glasses if they think Arrows and Olympians are passenger friendly.

And the bit about reliable was another one - wasn't that long ago First were fined for the fact they were so unreliable lol.
31932, 31926 and 31946 are all on the 658 one after the other (in that order) this morning. 34028 was also on a college run in Wigan, along with 34294 on the 610. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)