Current time: 03/05/2024, 12:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Reading the latest article on the My Manchester blog (for those who don't know, it's a blog of a Stagecoach Manchester driver), and it mentions that the 50 will undergo a change in January 2013 to build on the early success of its extension to Salford Quays. No details mentioned but certainly something to watch out for post-Christmas.

http://oldham100.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/oops.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/09/2012 19:04)SF07 Wrote:  Reading the latest article on the My Manchester blog (for those who don't know, it's a blog of a Stagecoach Manchester driver), and it mentions that the 50 will undergo a change in January 2013 to build on the early success of its extension to Salford Quays. No details mentioned but certainly something to watch out for post-Christmas.

sf he isnt a driver he is an inspector at hyde road he used to be a well known driver from st ashton
I know exactly who it is, although I didn't realise he wrote a blog! He's a colleague of mine and a very good bloke - I'm not surprised he mentions the 50 as that is *his* dedicated route.
(30/09/2012 19:48)james Wrote:  
(30/09/2012 19:04)SF07 Wrote:  Reading the latest article on the My Manchester blog (for those who don't know, it's a blog of a Stagecoach Manchester driver), and it mentions that the 50 will undergo a change in January 2013 to build on the early success of its extension to Salford Quays. No details mentioned but certainly something to watch out for post-Christmas.

sf he isnt a driver he is an inspector at hyde road he used to be a well known driver from st ashton

Ahh, didn't realise he changed positions. Might explain how he's taking photos on a bus.

Anyway, good to hear Stagecoach are looking to improve on the 50. Looking like they've made a good move on the extension.
(30/09/2012 20:09)Nicholas Wrote:  I know exactly who it is, although I didn't realise he wrote a blog! He's a colleague of mine and a very good bloke - I'm not surprised he mentions the 50 as that is *his* dedicated route.

You didn't know he did a blog and you share an office? Thought you'd have been all over it lol
Hybrids on the 256 84 and 255 on Saturday and i rode one on Wednesday also on the 256
(01/10/2012 12:28)StageStig Wrote:  
(30/09/2012 20:09)Nicholas Wrote:  I know exactly who it is, although I didn't realise he wrote a blog! He's a colleague of mine and a very good bloke - I'm not surprised he mentions the 50 as that is *his* dedicated route.

You didn't know he did a blog and you share an office? Thought you'd have been all over it lol

It never dawned on me as I always thought it was a driver who wrote it (plus I only ever visit it when someone links to it!) It's only with the frequent references that I've been able to... well... figure it out. Believe it or not, he doesn't actually show himself to be an enthusiast in the office!
(01/10/2012 20:18)Nicholas Wrote:  

It never dawned on me as I always thought it was a driver who wrote it (plus I only ever visit it when someone links to it!) It's only with the frequent references that I've been able to... well... figure it out. Believe it or not, he doesn't actually show himself to be an enthusiast in the office!

its the secret life of the bus enthusaist lol
(01/10/2012 20:18)Nicholas Wrote:  

I wouldn't have labeled him as an 'enthusiast', more like somone who takes an active interest in the industry he works in.

Having followed the blog since early 2008 a lot of his posts were actually about his bike rides and some of the sights he came across as a driver.
Having said that the blog has certainly been an interesting and informative read!!
He's a closet spotter who is creating further out lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)