Current time: 26/06/2024, 17:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(25/09/2012 17:43)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(24/09/2012 22:22)Greg in Weardale Wrote:  Many people don't live close to a Metro station and prefer the convenience of a nearby bus, but I can't see Nexus paying to run routes like the GNE 27 or X3 through to Newcastle City Centre.

I think the 27 would be completely withdrawn, as it practically follows the entire metro route between South Shields and Newcastle.

Even though the 27 follows the Metro route there still seems to be a large demanding considering the route operates every 10 minutes. at none peak times it still has reasonable loads and at peak times your lucky if you get a seat. I myself use it to travel from Jarrow to Newcastle daily and by the time the bus has arrived at Jarrow I'm lucky to get a seat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
As of 7th October, Go North East will be operating The Metrocentre S1 shuttle. It's every 15 minutes, and only takes 12/14 minutes to complete the full circle so I'm assuming that they're the PVR will be one (probably a Dart).

Timetable: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/nexus.org....071012.pdf
(26/09/2012 15:17)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  As of 7th October, Go North East will be operating The Metrocentre S1 shuttle. It's every 15 minutes, and only takes 12/14 minutes to complete the full circle so I'm assuming that they're the PVR will be one (probably a Dart).

Timetable: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/nexus.org....071012.pdf

DAF SB120
(26/09/2012 16:17)citaro5284 Wrote:  DAF SB120

Oh, thanks. Do you know whether it is going to be branded or just 'Northern'?
6062 has been branded 'The Angel'. I don't like it. What does anyone else think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnorthea...035534916/
Photo by: dansnortheastbusphotos
I'm actually very pleased with it. This, the Loop and South Tyne are brands that look very pleasing and futuristic and follow their own style. Like the destinations for where the services go don't follow the same standard, on the angel they are on the hill underneath and on the Loop they are written inside one of the circles.

It looks smart, its futuristic, its informative and it uses high quality vehicles. These are the things you want for a core gold standard service. The 21 has been needing this high status for years and its finally been acheived. I can't wait for these to enter service and I will continue my regular custom on this fantastic route!

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just to address some information that's being spread on the 'North East Bus Forum':

As already stated by citaro5284, the S1 will be operated by Saltmeadows depot using the spare 'South Tyne' Cadet owing to the decrease in frequency (as such, you need to increase capacity)
And also, as far as I'm aware (unless citaro5284 knows otherwise) the 5 will remain at Saltmeadows for the foreseeable future

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(30/09/2012 19:53)kuyoyo Wrote:  Just to address some information that's being spread on the 'North East Bus Forum':

As already stated by citaro5284, the S1 will be operated by Saltmeadows depot using the spare 'South Tyne' Cadet owing to the decrease in frequency (as such, you need to increase capacity)
And also, as far as I'm aware (unless citaro5284 knows otherwise) the 5 will remain at Saltmeadows for the foreseeable future

I thought it seemed weird! Why would the 5 be operated by Percy Main, it would cost money to get through the tunnel? Cheers Tony!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(30/09/2012 20:00)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(30/09/2012 19:53)kuyoyo Wrote:  Just to address some information that's being spread on the 'North East Bus Forum':

I thought it seemed weird! Why would the 5 be operated by Percy Main, it would cost money to get through the tunnel? Cheers Tony!

Would also put into question, what about the W1/W1A/W3 and 516? If the 5 was moving to Percy Main just to cut down the dead mileage to Jarrow, what about the 516 to South Shields? And the W1/W1A/W3 to Whitley Bay? Plus, if anything, if you were moving it to another depot to reduce dead mileage, wouldn't it make sense to move it to Washington so that Washington does all the 'South Tyne' routes? You just have to think things through to realise that they make sense or whether they are a pack of lies.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(30/09/2012 20:04)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(30/09/2012 20:00)W179 SCU Wrote:  

Would also put into question, what about the W1/W1A/W3 and 516? If the 5 was moving to Percy Main just to cut down the dead mileage to Jarrow, what about the 516 to South Shields? And the W1/W1A/W3 to Whitley Bay? Plus, if anything, if you were moving it to another depot to reduce dead mileage, wouldn't it make sense to move it to Washington so that Washington does all the 'South Tyne' routes? You just have to think things through to realise that they make sense or whether they are a pack of lies.

Seems a load of crap to me! And I agree with you there, Washington would be a good one, with the 88/88A interworking with the 5. I don't think it will happen... Not in a million years!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)