Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Spotted some more Enviros on the 142 this afternoon. Must feel like an upgrade for the students using the route.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There are more students than ever in Manchester this year and its been very very busy especially at night
(24/09/2012 23:50)StageStig Wrote:  It happens every single night usually a Sharston bus

Indeed, its one of the night boards that does a round trip on the 43 then goes onto the 142
Interesting sighting yesterday was 16758 on trade plates still in Magicbus livery heading up Reddish Road away from Stockport yesterday afternoon about 13:05, not to sure where it would have been heading unless it was on a test drive for some reason unless it was heading towards Hyde Road Depot to be reinstated into the fleet
A few MANs out on different routes today. Saw one on the 86 this morning (may have been one yesterday) while two both arrive together as 216s into Manchester this evening.
(26/09/2012 18:57)SF07 Wrote:  A few MANs out on different routes today. Saw one on the 86 this morning (may have been one yesterday) while two both arrive together as 216s into Manchester this evening.

the mans are 2 stockport boards (to help until metrolink arrives) timed to run about 10mins apart i.e 2.16pm then 2.26pm from ashton etc etc. they were on the forum a couple of weeks (i believe nic put what times they run at on here)
The MANs on the 216 were most probably the two ST based ones. Unless im wrong ST always allocate MANs to them. I noticed both this morning on a break in Ashton.

A few MANs have also crept back onto the 236/7 over the last few days. Last week virtually all 236/7s were done with Enviro200/400'S, but both the 236 & 237 had at least one MAN on each today, although 22189 which i travelled on yesterday on the 237 didn't manage the hills very well!

I noticed today that some daytime 346/347's were still being operated with Enviro400s, are all 15 of the Enviro200's back at AZ?

And even stranger, this morning i spotted 33174 on the 217, only its side and rear destination displays only had '7' displayed which could be a bit confusing - not like Stagecoach to have a bus out with defective destination displays.
(26/09/2012 19:34)Mayneway Wrote:  The MANs on the 216 were most probably the two ST based ones. Unless im wrong ST always allocate MANs to them. I noticed both this morning on a break in Ashton.

A few MANs have also crept back onto the 236/7 over the last few days. Last week virtually all 236/7s were done with Enviro200/400'S, but both the 236 & 237 had at least one MAN on each today, although 22189 which i travelled on yesterday on the 237 didn't manage the hills very well!

I noticed today that some daytime 346/347's were still being operated with Enviro400s, are all 15 of the Enviro200's back at AZ?

And even stranger, this morning i spotted 33174 on the 217, only its side and rear destination displays only had '7' displayed which could be a bit confusing - not like Stagecoach to have a bus out with defective destination displays.

yes all 36416 to 30 are back at AZ mans there from latest fleet list are 22184/85/86/89
(25/09/2012 21:16)StageStig Wrote:  There are more students than ever in Manchester this year and its been very very busy especially at night

Well I was in Manchester bus station between 5pm and 6pm tonight and there were quite a lot of Sharston based enviros on the 142 and 143. I must have seen at least 5.
(26/09/2012 19:34)Mayneway Wrote:  The MANs on the 216 were most probably the two ST based ones. Unless im wrong ST always allocate MANs to them.

They do use Enviro400's sometimes. 19255 was operating it on Saturday, but more often than not they do use MAN's.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)