Current time: 25/04/2024, 09:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Can anyone give me information as to when the 149 route started and also some brief history of it until today?

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/09/2012 13:32)P528LND Wrote:  Can anyone give me information as to when the 149 route started and also some brief history of it until today?

I remember when I was a kid that the 149 was a Bee Line service (early-mid 90s) and that is used to run all the way to Heald Green, although I'm not sure what route it took south of Manchester. I think when the service was curtailed (which I think was pre-GMN), it was partly replaced by a 249.

Also remember it running via Hollins Road (present 180/184 route) between Hollinwood and Oldham. The re-routing via Chamber Road and Coalshaw Green was made after the 422 was withdrawn, which would have been after Stotts pulled out of local services in Oldham in the late 90s.
(22/09/2012 16:14)SF07 Wrote:  
(22/09/2012 13:32)P528LND Wrote:  Can anyone give me information as to when the 149 route started and also some brief history of it until today?

I remember when I was a kid that the 149 was a Bee Line service (early-mid 90s) and that is used to run all the way to Heald Green, although I'm not sure what route it took south of Manchester. I think when the service was curtailed (which I think was pre-GMN), it was partly replaced by a 249.

Also remember it running via Hollins Road (present 180/184 route) between Hollinwood and Oldham. The re-routing via Chamber Road and Coalshaw Green was made after the 422 was withdrawn, which would have been after Stotts pulled out of local services in Oldham in the late 90s.

Thanks SF07, that's exactly what I was looking for Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(22/09/2012 06:44)M60lad Wrote:  Just found the following First Manchester changes for 28 October reported on another forum:

18 extended to run Langley-MRI via city centre

64 Oldham-Middleton section reduced to hourly

67 Daytime reduced to every 15 mins.

82 withdrawn. Replaced by additional 83s. Overall, less buses direct down Oldham Road, with Uppermill extensions also withdrawn. Nightbus unaffected, though.

100 Trafford Centre-M'cr reduced to every 15 mins Mon-Sat. Warrington/Hollins Green retimed, but current frequency maintained.

180/4 Totally revised, with 180 reduced to hourly, but additional shorts between Grotton & M'cr meaning 8bph (M-Sa day) on this section. Diggle Sam Road will now be served by through Hudd-M'cr journeys. NB; FWY (HU) will no longer run on this route - all workings will be OM.

350 Route changed to serve Greenacres Road (see 415). Minor t/t changes

415 Truncated to run between Middleton and Oldham only

Minor t/t changes: 58, 59, 68, 98, 348, 472/4, X84

Sad to see the continuing demise of the 82. Gone from prominent service in Oldham area to virtually scrapped (with exception of Nightbus) journeys in about 4 years. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Sunday journeys replaced by the 81/81A by extending the short journeys between Moston and Manchester to Waterhead, giving a 15-minute service between Oldham, Moston and Manchester.

Not surprised with the 350 re-routing and the 415 curtailment, although I imagine there'll some complaints if there is no service along Stamford Street and St John's Street or between Lees and Holts. Expect a TfGM tender to come up, which will probably be won by First.

The 180/184 is a slight surprise. Can imagine a few complaints in Saddleworth with the 180 being reduced and presumably Dobcross no longer being served. I'm guessing it'll be 3ph to Uppermill, with one 184 continuing to Huddersfield and combined 15 mins with 180/184 to/from Saddleworth. Also guessing that because the 184 will become wholly-First GM, that we'll see an extra morning journey to Huddersfield and extra early evening journey from Huddersfield. Interesting to see if the first journey from Huddersfield and last journey to Huddersfield will stay in place.

Shame that the joint operation is over between First GM and First WY though. Caught the 184 to/from Huddersfield a lot, particularly, as I was at uni at the time the 184 was extended over to Huddersfield. Used to have the same drivers from Huddersfield depot, which meant me becoming familiar with the drivers and vice versa (some drivers knew I got on with a student bus pass so just waved me on when I got on before I had chance to show it).

However, reliability has a major issue with the 180/184 for the last few years (speaking from personal experiences as it's my local route), so hopefully, a new timetable will help because it does become frustrating when waiting for a bus that turns up 7 mins late regularly. Also, interesting to see First increase the 180/184 to every 7/8 mins just after Stagecoach increased the 76 to every 10 mins.
With Bolton now gaining Enviro400s, it may be a few weeks until Oldham and Bolton have their full allocations. It would be logical for all B9TLs to leave Oldham and Bolton for pastures new, even if in First Manchester. Some are already reported for transfer to Pioneer.

I had earmarked November 24th to ride one, but I am considering advancing this to October 13th now.
Some more news from First Manchester is that virtually all 81A's are now terminating either on Dale Street or Oldham Street and recommencing service on Church Street due to stand problems at the bottom of Oldham Street ie too many buses using the single stand at the bottom of Oldham Street

Also some of Oldham's Wright Crusader Darts have now had the Green Road system took out of them ready for them being withdrawn from service, apparantly the drivers are loving this at the moment

Not to sure how true this probably a case of wait and see but I've heard the latest transfers are due to take place tomorrow and over the next couple of weekends with B9s going over to Pionner and Darts coming in the opposite direction and probably more Enviro 400s entering service at Oldham Depot this week
(22/09/2012 22:06)M60lad Wrote:  Some more news from First Manchester is that virtually all 81A's are now terminating either on Dale Street or Oldham Street and recommencing service on Church Street due to stand problems at the bottom of Oldham Street ie too many buses using the single stand at the bottom of Oldham Street

Also some of Oldham's Wright Crusader Darts have now had the Green Road system took out of them ready for them being withdrawn from service, apparantly the drivers are loving this at the moment

Not to sure how true this probably a case of wait and see but I've heard the latest transfers are due to take place tomorrow and over the next couple of weekends with B9s going over to Pionner and Darts coming in the opposite direction and probably more Enviro 400s entering service at Oldham Depot this week

Rumors of transfers taking place for tomorrow and the next couple of weekends are true, and also I see there are upwards of 20 Enviros at Wigan Depot, to go into service. Transfers of B9s to Pioneer and Bury Depot will be prominent I would have thought also.Oldham's Ive no doubt will be recieving more citaros from Bury. Which I assume, will partially replace the darts. Shame really, was in Rochdale and Oldham today had the pleasure of 40410 and 40435 lovely rides
(22/09/2012 12:49)mic Wrote:  
(22/09/2012 12:46)P528LND Wrote:  Do you know yet if it will be a double-branding or not? e.g.: 1 and 6 in Leeds?

I would say yes those in Leeds are moving to South Yorkshire some branded ones

Huddersfields 37288 sounding kanckered yet again 89 ok at the moment

Might be a bit knackered though mic, but you know youd love to see 37288/9 in pioneer fleet
The waters still remain quite murky on the subject of 07 B9s at Bury, there has been partial debranding, and they are being sent B9s as part cover for the loss of scania's To Bolton, and citaros to Oldham. I am curious to see how many B9s Bury ends up with in the long run, if none of the 07s move, but I Have a feeling they will
Went on 60233, today, in all fairness its going to end up like its brother and sisters 60231/2.

Also had 40335 on the 452s and god it can shift its self, also on the way back, had the pleasure of an old friend 40310, it seems to have been re seated since my last trip on it, i hadnt seen it in ages

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)