Current time: 10/05/2024, 15:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
(19/06/2023 19:14)SN55DVG Wrote:  The 418 may well revert to The Half Way House... as for the 70min frequency, wouldn't be the first time it's been done on there, it was at least part of the discussion on the last set of consultations.

The turn from Storeton Road into Prenton Lane (Birkenhead bound ) 418 is one of the most dangerous turns i have seen a bus do as the Stop line is so far down Prenton Lane in the other direction .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/06/2023 12:57)wirralbus Wrote:  The turn from Storeton Road into Prenton Lane (Birkenhead bound ) 418 is one of the most dangerous turns i have seen a bus do as the Stop line is so far down Prenton Lane in the other direction .

Don’t know why the 418 didn’t just go down Prenton Road West, turn into borough road and then turn down Bedford drive - storeton road already covered by 16/17 and Prenton road west is without a bus service.

I don’t see how if the 418 is cut back yet again, Merseytravel couldn’t step in. Can’t lose another service. The network is as sparse as it is.

Also yes the 91/91A current route is a mess, as is the new one. Have buses do the Saturday route but serve Oxton village as well. Everywhere covered then.
The main problem is the 16/17 has become so successful , whereas the 418 is like the relative no one wants any more .

Arriva thinks South Wirral is like the back of beyond , the only routes sort of south of Bebington Station are the 410 and 487 and im sure if Stagecoach could have accomodated the extra vehicles at Rock Ferry they would have let them have them .
Bus consultation regarding Wirral services services 16, 16A & 17.

Merseytravel wish to seek views regarding the Stagecoach 16/16A/17 services from Moreton to Eastham Rake, the change is rerouting the service in Prenton, the service is proposed to change route, no longer serving Woodchurch Road, and instead, serving the Prenton Dell Estate and Prenton Lane.

The feedback is due by the closing date of the 26th of November 2023.

Consulation Link: https://online1.snapsurveys.com/intervie...b51dac85de
Im glad they will replace the 418. Gives better links on Prenton Hall Road I will be happy to see it come in the future
That’s all well and good - what’s their plan for:

- Bedford Drive

- Laird Street and Ford Estate link to Arrowe Park?
(13/11/2023 19:31)mrd97 Wrote:  That’s all well and good - what’s their plan for:

- Bedford Drive

- Laird Street and Ford Estate link to Arrowe Park?

Think the timetable for the 16 16A and 17 doesnt give any leeway for a further rerouting of the service without adding another vehiclke which probably is uneconomic.
There needs to be a proper consultation for this change. The 418 covers many areas that will no longer have a link to APH. Just re routing the 16/17 via Prenton Dell is sheer laziness and also inconveniences more passengers who use it to get to the shops. The whole ‘cross Wirral’ network needs looking at, money being wasted serving Raby Mere 2 buses per hour instead of the 16/17 serving the Croft etc, the 91 covering various back streets of Prenton but not The Dell.
(14/11/2023 11:20)DVG526 Wrote:  There needs to be a proper consultation for this change. The 418 covers many areas that will no longer have a link to APH. Just re routing the 16/17 via Prenton Dell is sheer laziness and also inconveniences more passengers who use it to get to the shops. The whole ‘cross Wirral’ network needs looking at, money being wasted serving Raby Mere 2 buses per hour instead of the 16/17 serving the Croft etc, the 91 covering various back streets of Prenton but not The Dell.

In one way or anothewr the 18/18A , then the 418/419 have been ongoing since Arrowe Park Hospital was opened , i remember the original plan was a 20 minute service with a 17 , 18 and 19 pre deregulation .
The 16/16A/17 are very unreliable too, particularly late afternoon [that's even after the timetable change back in September] buses can often be 20 to 30 minutes late, i know this as i often observe buses on the routes going past my local boozer, maybe splitting the route at Clatterbridge might help with reliability.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: