Current time: 21/09/2024, 05:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(24/08/2023 16:07)NathanR Wrote:  24179, if it's the one with a blue skip next to it.

Yes, that's it, thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/08/2023 18:35)gka472l Wrote:  Someone appears to have changed all those Enviro200/Enviro300's that came from Manchester, back to there (27826/7, 36781, 37148/50), 36781 does appear to be at Stockport, 37148/50 appear to still be at Gillmoss and 27826/7 seem to have not been used since the beginning of August at Gillmoss.

HTH

Steven Knight Media is reporting that all of these are returning to Manchester after being on loan to Merseyside (I thought they were permanent additions and the few double decker's were just loans, 19491 is back in Manchester, not sure on 19400 though....)

https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/1694753173607534897

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Noting the fact that the loan wave is going back to Manchester, is 27521 joining them or is that a full transfer to Gillmoss, information would be appreciated, thank you
One of the MMC's caught fire in town earlier this evening as reported by the ECHO. Hope all passengers and the driver (inc pedestrians) escaped without harm.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...aking-news

Not sure which vehicle was involved however.
10551 appears to have been involved in some sort of thermal incident on Lime Street this evening, fingers crossed all involved are okay
(25/08/2023 17:58)Scania1996 Wrote:  10551 appears to have been involved in some sort of thermal incident on Lime Street this evening, fingers crossed all involved are okay

From what I’ve seen 10551 will now become a donor bus, looks from video footage like the whole top deck may be gone.
Out of interest considering what's happened tonight will anything replace 10551 in the short or long term? Or has Gillmoss got enough resilience in the fleet not to need a replacement?
(25/08/2023 18:05)RyanL385 Wrote:  From what I’ve seen 10551 will now become a donor bus, looks from video footage like the whole top deck may be gone.

Could it possibly be converted into an open top bus?
(25/08/2023 21:39)507022 Wrote:  Could it possibly be converted into an open top bus?

Probably not I’d say. With the amount of fire damage to the top deck combined with the severe smoke damage to the bottom deck it would be more financially viable to just use the bus as a donor to other MMC’s. That’s my opinion at least.
First and foremost, I'm glad to hear nobody was hurt in this incident. Secondly, don't assume 10551's days are over yet. If the water and smoke damage are minimal, and the remainder of the body and chassis haven't been distorted, it could be repaired if the cost is a reasonable percentage of the remaining book value.

Glenvale rebuilt 2703 (OHV703Y) after it suffered similar damage, so it's not entirely out of the question.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)