Current time: 08/05/2024, 16:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(19/07/2023 15:27)508134 Wrote:  First class 777 (777018) passenger service on the Wirral line this morning, forming the 0646 Hoylake to Hoylake circular.
It made a few trips before I believe heading back ECS to Kirkdale depot, to help provide additional capacity due to the open golf event taking place at Hoylake over the next few days.
Not sure whether its out to this afternoon on the West Kirby/Hoylake line.

There’s actually less capacity on a 777 than 2x507/8, but, like Aintree, Merseytravel/the Mayor wanted to showcase one. It’s only booked mornings at the moment, but hopefully afternoons and evenings as well from Friday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is there a particular reason why 777005 is not used?
It always seems to be stabled at either New Brighton or West Kirby for the past few months.
Is anyone aware as to if this unit has been used for driver training since coming back from storage?
(22/07/2023 15:07)508134 Wrote:  Is there a particular reason why 777005 is not used?
It always seems to be stabled at either New Brighton or West Kirby for the past few months.
Is anyone aware as to if this unit has been used for driver training since coming back from storage?

i believe it has a coupling fault, was waiting for space at BN for repair but it might be next for the scrap move
according to Face ache hth
(22/07/2023 17:14)Andycurly Wrote:  i believe it has a coupling fault, was waiting for space at BN for repair but it might be next for the scrap move
according to Face ache hth

All the 777 repairs are done at Kirkdale, not Birkenhead North.
I believe one unit has been temporarily “stripped for spares” - 005 or 015 come to mind!
(22/07/2023 17:27)507022 Wrote:  All the 777 repairs are done at Kirkdale, not Birkenhead North.
I believe one unit has been temporarily “stripped for spares” - 005 or 015 come to mind!

I know 777015 has (or maybe still has) a missing headlight for quite a while.

What will happen to Birkenhead North depot once the 507/508s have all gone, is the plan for it to be used for stabling and cleaning duties of the class 777 fleet and for the class 230s from TfW?

Also, any confirmation on the date for next scrap move?
Is it 507005 and 508127 next could anyone please confirm.
(24/07/2023 10:44)508134 Wrote:  I know 777015 has (or maybe still has) a missing headlight for quite a while.

What will happen to Birkenhead North depot once the 507/508s have all gone, is the plan for it to be used for stabling and cleaning duties of the class 777 fleet and for the class 230s from TfW?

Also, any confirmation on the date for next scrap move?
Is it 507005 and 508127 next could anyone please confirm.

You’re correct, North will be a stabling point and washer (when the wash plant is built!!).
The next scrap move has been pencilled in for 4 August.
I’ll post the definitive date and units later (508s only now for the rest of this year)
(24/07/2023 18:08)507022 Wrote:  You’re correct, North will be a stabling point and washer (when the wash plant is built!!).
The next scrap move has been pencilled in for 4 August.
I’ll post the definitive date and units later (508s only now for the rest of this year)

A friday?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/07/2023 21:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  A friday?

Yes, I think there are going to be midweek moves during the morning coming up.
This is due partly I believe to weekend engineering and the need to move the units away as soon as possible.
The next two (correcting my earlier post) should be 507009/026 then moving on to the 508s
(24/07/2023 23:02)507022 Wrote:  Yes, I think there are going to be midweek moves during the morning coming up.
This is due partly I believe to weekend engineering and the need to move the units away as soon as possible.
The next two (correcting my earlier post) should be 507009/026 then moving on to the 508s

Cheers for this

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The scrap moves are changing all the time now.
Ten 507/508s will be sent away in the next six weeks.
The next two have changed since the last post - 507005 and 508127 are now next, departing next Thursday afternoon

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)