Current time: 08/05/2024, 07:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Are there any new orders to replace all the 58 plates or are they relying on buses from Bolton?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Bolton 09, 59 plates for Wales, 61, 12 plates for Wythenshawe. Could change of course, but understand that's the current plan.

As for new buses, wait and see.
Are 2924 and 2925 returning to Bootle once done at Southport?

Also, I have visually saw recently repainted 4591, 4623, 4631 and 4635 in case anyone's wondering
(12/06/2023 05:56)childwallblues Wrote:  Are there any new orders to replace all the 58 plates or are they relying on buses from Bolton?

I suspect new bus orders will be rather low until Arriva knows the outcome of Merseyside bus franchising...
What happened to the Arriva bus depot in Skelmersdale?
(14/06/2023 21:25)moreton407 Wrote:  What happened to the Arriva bus depot in Skelmersdale?

Was closed in July 2011, Arriva closed the depot because they wanted to cut costs for the Merseyside area. The routes running out of the depot were moved to Bootle depot, St Helens & Southport. And I believe the fleet of buses based there were moved to Green Lane & the depots that were given Skem’s routes.
(14/06/2023 21:43)RyanL385 Wrote:  Was closed in July 2011, Arriva closed the depot because they wanted to cut costs for the Merseyside area. The routes running out of the depot were moved to Bootle depot, St Helens & Southport. And I believe the fleet of buses based there were moved to Green Lane & the depots that were given Skem’s routes.

Generally speaking:

Pulsars went to St Helens (With routes 37/38/313/395)
ALX400 went to Southport and Bootle (With 375/385/Schools and cross-boundary routes)
Marshall Capitals went to Southport and Bootle* with some moving to Green Lane along with route 68 (With routes 311/345/350/351/X6 to Bootle)
A couple of Marshall Darts ended up at Bolton as well

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/06/2023 22:02)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Generally speaking:

Pulsars went to St Helens (With routes 37/38/313/395)
ALX400 went to Southport and Bootle (With 375/385/Schools and cross-boundary routes)
Marshall Capitals went to Southport and Bootle* with some moving to Green Lane along with route 68 (With routes 311/345/350/351/X6 to Bootle)

Thanks for the info, what happened to the depot itself?
(15/06/2023 07:20)moreton407 Wrote:  Thanks for the info, what happened to the depot itself?

It’s still standing but used by trucks/vans rather than buses. I think it’s a haulage firm?

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)