Current time: 26/04/2024, 04:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
(31/10/2022 22:39)Valandil Wrote:  The thing is though, I doubt the council will spend a lot of time and money removing bridges and installing crossings just so that Arriva can use double deckers, so maybe this will just happen over time when bridges need replacing or serious maintenance they might just be removed at that point, which could take quite a while.
In most cases, there are already normal crossings. Plus wasn't the plan for the 79C to terminate at the hospital?
The two bridges between St Chads School and Halton Hospital look higher than the rest and there are no signs saying single deckers only (unlike other parts of the busway which do have these signs) and so it this area cleared for deckers already?

Halton Hospital - Murdishaw bridges:
Parkside - Crossing at the bus stop
Brookvale - Crossing at the bus stop
Barnfield Ave - Crossing at the bus stop
Murdishaw - No crossing and low bridge.

That's only 2 out of 6 bridges which may need some ground crossing building. It's not like every single one needs a full revamp, just take down the bridge and people can make use of the existing crossings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
On the X30 today are 2954 from Birkenhead. 3021 from Bootle. 3059 from Green Lane. I expect these to be loans.
(14/02/2023 08:18)N304CLV Wrote:  On the X30 today are 2954 from Birkenhead. 3021 from Bootle. 3059 from Green Lane. I expect these to be loans.

Usual disclaimer regarding bustimes not being 100% accurate, but 2596 looks as if it tracking on the 3C.
5 short term loans to assist with gas bus fuelling station issues are 3017 (Speke), 3021 (Bootle), 3059 (Green Lane), 2954 (Birkenhead) and 2596 (St Helens).
(14/02/2023 10:47)LT10 Wrote:  5 short term loans to assist with gas bus fuelling station issues are 3017 (Speke), 3021 (Bootle), 3059 (Green Lane), 2954 (Birkenhead) and 2596 (St Helens).

Will be 2592 from St Helens, I will be bringing it up later
(14/02/2023 15:37)chris-s Wrote:  Will be 2592 from St Helens, I will be bringing it up later

Saw it on driver training earlier on in both St Helens and Wigan (must have been on the 320s) so looks like plans have changed for the Commanders.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(14/02/2023 18:42)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Saw it on driver training earlier on in both St Helens and Wigan (must have been on the 320s) so looks like plans have changed for the Commanders.

2596 did indeed follow 2592, was picked up just before I took I left Jackson St.
A few more loans have turned up today including 2920 2921 2922 2952 3003.
All loaned buses have now returned back to the depots they came from.
Been announced this evening that the 62 (Halebank to Murdishaw) is be withdrawn from 16th April

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...-withdrawn

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)