Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester bus franchising
RE: Manchester bus franchising
I know that the Wigan Depot used to be Thomas Hardie Volvo and used to have chassis stored there for bodying by Northern Counties and do PDIs for some London Buses.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/01/2023 11:14)Michael Wrote:  Diamond also went to court to try & get it stopped....

Yes, I know. Stagecoach also sold its London franchised operations citing low profit margins only to buy them back a few years later, albeit at a considerable discount.

Stagecoach's bid for the first tranche of franchises (Area A) was presumably too low and it will remain to be seen if Stagecoach's bid for Area C where most of its services currently operate is anymore successful.
From what I know I'm pretty sure that Bryn Depot was originally new as a Depot for Shearings Bus/Coach when they used to operate Bus & Coach Services in GM, then it became Thomas Hardies then after that it became Stagecoach's New Depot.
The Wigan depot at Bryn was Shearings maintenance HE and was opened by the Princess Royal.
As coach holidays and bus services were sold off to Timeline among others it became superfluous ago it was taken over by Thomas Hardie as line of their Volvo dealerships- Shearings heavily invested inn Volvo products even though they had a dual sourcing policy.

With it being sited on an industrial estate I very much doubt planning would be granted for blushing and even so out would take years because the ground would be classed as contaminated after years of use involving oils and other liquids involved with vehicles.
(31/12/2022 22:51)Mayneway Wrote:  Nothing will change at Queens road until 2025. I wouldn’t have thought they could just move routes to another depot as it will no longer be up to them.

The 135, 95,97,98 will fall into the ‘city centre’ package.

Isn't that in the 2024 package so North East Manchester?
(07/01/2023 12:41)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Isn't that in the 2024 package so North East Manchester?
Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and areas of north Manchester to follow in Spring 2024.

Stockport, Trafford, Tameside, south Manchester and remaining parts of Salford to run by end of 2024.

Could mean Queens road maybe broken into 2 units.
with Salford and free bus routes going later.
(08/01/2023 00:14)Mrboo Wrote:  Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and areas of north Manchester to follow in Spring 2024.

Stockport, Trafford, Tameside, south Manchester and remaining parts of Salford to run by end of 2024.

Remains parts of Salford means stagecoach services 38 & 50
(08/01/2023 00:14)Mrboo Wrote:  Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and areas of north Manchester to follow in Spring 2024.

Queens road and Hyde road are apparently together in one ‘city centre’ package.
(10/01/2023 01:11)Mayneway Wrote:  Queens road and Hyde road are apparently together in one ‘city centre’ package.

Queens Rd is april 2024....Hyde rd is January 2025
(10/01/2023 07:31)Michael Wrote:  Queens Rd is april 2024....Hyde rd is January 2025

We will find out in April who has got Queens Rd along with Oldham & Middleton

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)