Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
RE: Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
(29/11/2022 09:19)33109 Wrote:  Assume the small batch winsford got cascaded have all been scrapped? Ours were:

All in the WVR reg series so 3329 was aka R329WVR & so on.

I know they were Palatine 1's but I wonder if any of the R-AEY batch still exist

Or the DAF Palatine 2 (V715 LWT) winsford had briefly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/11/2022 14:29)CX06 BHE Wrote:  I know they were Palatine 1's but I wonder if any of the R-AEY batch still exist

R233 AEY was for sale on Facebook in 2019 with an independent, VOR and needed work. Not sure if it ended up scrapped though.
IIRC V715LWT was registered a few years after it was built and later than the R-CKO's and didn't it have a stint as a exhibition bus for a time too?

Did all the R-CKO's end up at Speke/ANW or were some of them with other Arriva companies, does and doesn't seem a long time ago but got a feeling they all didn't transfer to us after their loan stint with London United in 2002.

Loved the DAF's on the 86 a bit of variety but what's come since are a million times better.
(01/12/2022 19:03)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  IIRC V715LWT was registered a few years after it was built and later than the R-CKO's and didn't it have a stint as a exhibition bus for a time too?

Did all the R-CKO's end up at Speke/ANW or were some of them with other Arriva companies, does and doesn't seem a long time ago but got a feeling they all didn't transfer to us after their loan stint with London United in 2002.

Loved the DAF's on the 86 a bit of variety but what's come since are a million times better.

V715LWT was unique in being the only member of the later batch to sport a ZF gearbox, the R-CKO’s being Voith

The R-CKO’s arrived in Late 2003, a few years after the 86 branded N-DWY’s. Most of the batch ended up at Speke, but the remainder went to Kent Thameside later Kent & Sussex, where they remained dual door for a while before a conversion years after the Speke batch
Thanks for that mate.
(01/12/2022 19:21)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  V715LWT was unique in being the only member of the later batch to sport a ZF gearbox, the R-CKO’s being Voith

The R-CKO’s arrived in Late 2003, a few years after the 86 branded N-DWY’s. Most of the batch ended up at Speke, but the remainder went to Kent Thameside later Kent & Sussex, where they remained dual door for a while before a conversion years after the Speke batch

From memory, there was only R201-3/13CKO up here in Merseyside, the rest either stayed down south or went to Arriva NE.....

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(29/11/2022 14:29)CX06 BHE Wrote:  I know they were Palatine 1's but I wonder if any of the R-AEY batch still exist

No idea but I'd suggest all the AEY batch were scrapped sadly. In macclesfield we had:

3346 - R236AEY
3349 - R239AEY

Loved these, nice cosy feel sat upstairs particularly in winter as some of the upper deck lights didn't all fully work so was dark ish up there & you could have a kip.

We also had some others with coach style seats & another volvo olympian 3360 which was P943MKL. Not sure if there's any of those left.
(02/12/2022 22:29)33109 Wrote:  No idea but I'd suggest all the AEY batch were scrapped sadly. In macclesfield we had:

3346 - R236AEY
3349 - R239AEY

Loved these, nice cosy feel sat upstairs particularly in winter as some of the upper deck lights didn't all fully work so was dark ish up there & you could have a kip.

We also had some others with coach style seats & another volvo olympian 3360 which was P943MKL. Not sure if there's any of those left.

The ones with the coach style seats would have been the N-TPK batch, some had bench seating and others had coach style seating.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(03/12/2022 01:35)Scania1996 Wrote:  The ones with the coach style seats would have been the N-TPK batch, some had bench seating and others had coach style seating.

P MKLs im sure also had high back seats in them althoughI thought that batch was in Wales not Winsford
(03/12/2022 20:30)CX06 BHE Wrote:  P MKLs im sure also had high back seats in them althoughI thought that batch was in Wales not Winsford

They never, they had brown individual seats in Maidstone and District moquette*

(*edited)

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)