Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside Bus Review 2022
RE: Merseyside Bus Review 2022
Some of the new timetables are now up on changes page on Merseytravel's website, namely some routes in Southport and St Helens areas. Was hopeful that the 17 Evening & Sunday service might have gone back to Hourly given the fact HTL have lost a few contracts, surely they now have more resources for this and the other contracts that have been reduced, but sadly the service stays the same.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Stagecoach have uploaded timetables for their new services on their website, which are not yet available on Merseytravel.

41/42 now goes to Arrowe Park on evenings and Sundays (in the proposal these journeys finished at Woodchurch).
Wonderful, more congestion around the hospital, it was a disaster last time during the days of the 41B and I will say this right now, it will be a complete disaster again.

There's more than enough buses going to arrowe park as it is.

My apologies if nobody likes what I say but that's how I see it.
(12/08/2022 16:40)313201 Wrote:  Wonderful, more congestion around the hospital, it was a disaster last time during the days of the 41B and I will say this right now, it will be a complete disaster again.

Agreed, there's no need for any Upton bound services to enter the grounds, it won't get rid of too many but it would make proper use of the bus stop on the main road.
(12/08/2022 16:40)313201 Wrote:  Wonderful, more congestion around the hospital, it was a disaster last time during the days of the 41B and I will say this right now, it will be a complete disaster again.

Totally get where you’re coming from (as the 16/16A/17 will now also enter the hospital grounds) but 5/6 years ago we also had
10/10A 2 buses per hour
12/93 2 buses per hour
83/83A 8 buses per hour

So there are some gaps to fill and by some routes no longer existing, there are now others that can take their place.

The 41A/41B was strange, buses doing various routes around the Woodchurch into the hospital, struggling to keep to the timetable but at least the new route is the same way in, same way out.

Sunday daytimes there appears to be a 15 minute or so layover at Arrowe Park so there is clearly a PVR increase here which should help reliability.
(12/08/2022 11:27)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Some of the new timetables are now up on changes page on Merseytravel's website, namely some routes in Southport and St Helens areas. Was hopeful that the 17 Evening & Sunday service might have gone back to Hourly given the fact HTL have lost a few contracts, surely they now have more resources for this and the other contracts that have been reduced, but sadly the service stays the same.

The service level is that specified by Merseytravel. HTL or other operators quote for, and only provide what has been specified. And thanks to our wondrous tory government, funds available for local authorities to support bus services have mostly been declining since 2010.
(12/08/2022 11:27)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Some of the new timetables are now up on changes page on Merseytravel's website, namely some routes in Southport and St Helens areas. Was hopeful that the 17 Evening & Sunday service might have gone back to Hourly given the fact HTL have lost a few contracts, surely they now have more resources for this and the other contracts that have been reduced, but sadly the service stays the same.

The way they've done the St Helens 17 timetable is pretty confusing.
At first glance, it looks like evening and Sunday services don't serve Chain Lane, but then if you scroll down to later in the booklet, you can see they actually do serve Chain Lane but they only put that whole section down on only one direction of the timetable.

https://merseytravel.adidocdn.dev/timeta...4Sep22.pdf
(12/08/2022 16:00)mrd97 Wrote:  Stagecoach have uploaded timetables for their new services on their website, which are not yet available on Merseytravel.

41/42 now goes to Arrowe Park on evenings and Sundays (in the proposal these journeys finished at Woodchurch).

I actually think that the Woodchurch Estate , especially the lower reaches required a bus service to the Hospital .
Anyone who knows the lie of the land in the area of the Woodchurch Estate will know there is a hill to climb from one end of the estate to the other .

This a well thought out route , what will catch people out to start with is the return to two way working on the estate , for so long you have only been able to get on the 41/2 in the same direction anti clockwise .
(12/08/2022 17:37)mrd97 Wrote:  Totally get where you’re coming from (as the 16/16A/17 will now also enter the hospital grounds) but 5/6 years ago we also had
10/10A 2 buses per hour
12/93 2 buses per hour
83/83A 8 buses per hour

So there are some gaps to fill and by some routes no longer existing, there are now others that can take their place.

The 41A/41B was strange, buses doing various routes around the Woodchurch into the hospital, struggling to keep to the timetable but at least the new route is the same way in, same way out.

Sunday daytimes there appears to be a 15 minute or so layover at Arrowe Park so there is clearly a PVR increase here which should help reliability.

Hopefully then the alighting bay to the left on the approach to the bus stops will get used for its purpose instead of sitting there forlornly waiting for some use , in that layover.
Chain Lane estate that includes Bosworth Road and Hinckley Road will be without an evening service with these changes too. The reason the HTL service will terminate at St Helens rather than Chain Lane too might have something to do with the fact that there would be no driver facilities at either end otherwise. Merseytravel ultimately seem uninterested in reinstating hourly services though.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: