Current time: 28/04/2024, 08:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(08/07/2022 06:12)Michael Wrote:  I work at Hyde Rd..there is notice up telling us the depots are going to be be compulsory purchased...tfgm decide what services will be run out of each depot not the companies...the notice tells us routes could change at Hyde Rd including running services from other depots & companies...also that Hyde Rd could be operated by another company...dont know what the training school has got to do with anything ..that can be just moved

The same notice also tells us to prepare for the fact that we may be working for a different employer at Hyde rd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/07/2022 06:12)Michael Wrote:  I work at Hyde Rd..there is notice up telling us the depots are going to be be compulsory purchased...tfgm decide what services will be run out of each depot not the companies...the notice tells us routes could change at Hyde Rd including running services from other depots & companies...also that Hyde Rd could be operated by another company...dont know what the training school has got to do with anything ..that can be just moved

Like you I’m a driver in Manchester and as others have said no depots will be CPO’d. They haven’t got the money to invest in depots etc. They are simply taking back control of the routes. When the first package of routes goes for franchise in Wigan and Bolton all companies will be invited to bid for the packages but will have to factor in dead running and distance to and from depots etc.
Ironically we are told by our management that no information about exactly how the new system will work. I believe our company have been asking for info on how the new capped fare system will work in September and are being told it’s still being planned out.
And a couple of weeks ago I was joined by a lovely TFGM data collector who told me he can see it being delayed by years so who knows.

But the idea that depots will be purchased by TFGM is crazy.
[quote='Mayneway' pid='150603' dateline='1657277797']

Like you I’m a driver in Manchester and as others have said no depots will be CPO’d. They haven’t got the money to invest in depots etc. They are simply taking back control of the routes. When the first package of routes goes for franchise in Wigan and Bolton all companies will be invited to bid for the packages but will have to factor in dead running and distance to and from depots etc.
Ironically we are told by our management that no information about exactly how the new system will work. I believe our company have been asking for info on how the new capped fare system will work in September and are being told it’s still being planned out.
And a couple of weeks ago I was joined by a lovely TFGM data collector who told me he can see it being delayed by years so who knows.

But the idea that depots will be purchased by TFGM is

I have justed re read the notice on the wall at Hyde road & it's there in black & white tfgm are planning to purchase 10 depots
(08/07/2022 11:09)Michael Wrote:  [quote='Mayneway' pid='150603' dateline='1657277797']

But the idea that depots will be purchased by TFGM is

I have justed re read the notice on the wall at Hyde road & it's there in black & white tfgm are planning to purchase 10 depots

How? They haven’t been granted the final phase of government funding yet. Union notices are all good and well but at the moment until TFGM and Burnham actually reveal how it will all work nobody including companies know.
(08/07/2022 11:16)Mayneway Wrote:  How? They haven’t been granted the final phase of government funding yet. Union notices are all good and well but at the moment until TFGM and Burnham actually reveal how it will all work nobody including companies know.

[It's not a union notice it's a management notice...stagecoach a notice board devoted to bus reform[/u]
(08/07/2022 11:16)Mayneway Wrote:  How? They haven’t been granted the final phase of government funding yet. Union notices are all good and well but at the moment until TFGM and Burnham actually reveal how it will all work nobody including companies know.
It's nice to know that the new Prime Minister will have enough money to give priority to fund all the fare cuts and purchase and maintenance of buses and their garages. Thought there was a cost of living crisis, funds for helping Ukraine defend itself, a shortage of money in the NHS and education etc.etc. Must wake up and stop dreaming as I'm obviously living in a different world.
(08/07/2022 11:28)Michael Wrote:  [It's not a union notice it's a management notice...stagecoach a notice board devoted to bus reform[/u]

Someone has got the wrong end of the stick. TFGM are to offer a price most depots would be better being closed and then turned into housing they may get more money. As most will need new depots if they wish to have charging points as they work better being just a open yard with a few indoor pits. you have to think who going to want to own the buses at DNW as they are not even been paid for yet. That the Reason Arriva and GNW and First are not putting any money into fleet apart from what they have too as they know they are not going to get any offer from TFGM apart from Scrap.
(08/07/2022 11:43)Rodney259 Wrote:  It's nice to know that the new Prime Minister will have enough money to give priority to fund all the fare cuts and purchase and maintenance of buses and their garages. Thought there was a cost of living crisis, funds for helping Ukraine defend itself, a shortage of money in the NHS and education etc.etc. Must wake up and stop dreaming as I'm obviously living in a different world.
I tell you what going to happen just like TFL they will say to anyone bidding they need to lease buses or buy some that meet there standard. and it be down to who bids to sort out depots but TFGM will Tupe over drivers for routes but drivers will most likey strike if they find they moving depots.and I don't wish working for abellio North west if they win your depot. if like London they treat staff like dog sh*t.
(08/07/2022 11:43)Rodney259 Wrote:  It's nice to know that the new Prime Minister will have enough money to give priority to fund all the fare cuts and purchase and maintenance of buses and their garages. Thought there was a cost of living crisis, funds for helping Ukraine defend itself, a shortage of money in the NHS and education etc.etc. Must wake up and stop dreaming as I'm obviously living in a different world.

As far as I’m aware they are simply taking control of the routes. It’s a London style system. The operators bid for work and they supply the work force and vehicles. TFGM control the fares, frequency and route etc right down to revenue.

Burnhams original Plan was for revenue from the CAZ to prop the bus network up now that’s fallen through he’s waiting on government giving the green light for the rest of funding needed.
(08/07/2022 12:23)Mrboo Wrote:  Someone has got the wrong end of the stick. TFGM are to offer a price most depots would be better being closed and then turned into housing they may get more money. As most will need new depots if they wish to have charging points as they work better being just a open yard with a few indoor pits. you have to think who going to want to own the buses at DNW as they are not even been paid for yet. That the Reason Arriva and GNW and First are not putting any money into fleet apart from what they have too as they know they are not going to get any offer from TFGM apart from Scrap.

GNW have over the last 2 years spent a fortune on their depot, why would they bother if it’s being CPO’d for 75% of its market value??

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)