Current time: 17/05/2024, 21:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
(04/04/2022 11:48)Mayneway Wrote:  KCY on 2nd April did a trip on the 375 then spent the rest of the day on the 391/392.

When I did the routing out at MCT we were told the hybrids could not under any circumstances be used on the Macclesfields as it was a breach of contract with TFGM. It’s also one of the reasons the 391/392 had their own running boards and didn’t Interwork with anything in Stockport.

KCX reported as going on to the 391/392 this afternoon. All 3 MMCs also reported as being used, so no idea what happened.

https://bustimes.org/services/391-maccle...2022-04-06
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not to sure how true how this will be but I was talking to a Little Gem driver yesterday who informed me that from tomorrow Little Gem's 44 service will be mainly operated with the MMC200s that are currently on 391/392s and 391/392 services will be operated with Metrocities and another vehicle.
(24/04/2022 07:23)M60lad Wrote:  Not to sure how true how this will be but I was talking to a Little Gem driver yesterday who informed me that from tomorrow Little Gem's 44 service will be mainly operated with the MMC200s that are currently on 391/392s and 391/392 services will be operated with Metrocities and another vehicle.

It looks like they no longer run any Sunday services but still haven't found sufficient drivers to return the 391/392 to the full service from the temporary 'driver shortage' timetable that was expected to last until March 2022.

The Metrocities still have lots of luggage space being ex-APH vehicles and they don't have a cash tray next to the ticket machine. I would have thought the luggage racks might have been more useful on the 44 with it going past the university and areas where there's a lot of student housing.
Apparently 4 larger E20's have come from Abellio London, and have all been given cherished plates - hence I've not been able to identify properly the two that I've actually seen. These two appeared on 285/286 duties on Thursday in Little Gem orange, but without fleet numbers or logos. They didn't reappear on Friday or Saturday, and didn't show up on Bustimes as they were using 'wrong' ticket machines.
(24/04/2022 19:16)EDB325 Wrote:  Apparently 4 larger E20's have come from Abellio London, and have all been given cherished plates - hence I've not been able to identify properly the two that I've actually seen. These two appeared on 285/286 duties on Thursday in Little Gem orange, but without fleet numbers or logos. They didn't reappear on Friday or Saturday, and didn't show up on Bustimes as they were using 'wrong' ticket machines.

these are i think

CAZ 2625
WEZ 737
WEZ 7837
WEZ 544 (maybe)
I await with curiosity as to how well the 44 peak journies will hold regards their running time. I think it’s going to need recasting fairly quickly.
(24/04/2022 21:57)djb Wrote:  I await with curiosity as to how well the 44 peak journies will hold regards their running time. I think it’s going to need recasting fairly quickly.

The planning at TFGM with regards to tendered running times is shocking. It’s like they purposely do it so operators fail.
CAZ2625 was out on 391/392s on Saturday as it was the bus I travelled on to Macclesfield and yes Little Gem are still short of drivers as the driver I had on Saturday was a friend of mine who since he moved to Little Gem is mainly office based and only goes out driving when he really needs to.
(25/04/2022 05:59)M60lad Wrote:  CAZ2625 was out on 391/392s on Saturday as it was the bus I travelled on to Macclesfield and yes Little Gem are still short of drivers as the driver I had on Saturday was a friend of mine who since he moved to Little Gem is mainly office based and only goes out driving when he really needs to.

Sadly it seems a lot of drivers move to Little gem and leave again within a short time. Many reasons mainly monthly pay, long duties with the requirement to clean your vehicle before you finish and other stuff as well. I’m assuming this shortage will potentially prevent them going for more work.
Has 1953 - WEZ 7833 Fiat Ducato Bluebird Orion really be on the 288 all day? That would have been interesting if the St Ambrose pupils tried to board it!

User(s) browsing this thread: