Current time: 28/03/2024, 12:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MP Travel
RE: MP Travel
(23/09/2021 19:15)Jack Wrote:  Why all the negative posts towards MP Travel?

Quite clearly trying to make the best of a service Arriva ran down over the years and trying to do it in difficult times. And It was obvious to anyone with a brain that the timetable posted was a short term solution - "breaking the law" seriously!

Why all the negativity, posts by certain people on this forum these days are always looking to start arguments and looking for the negative in everything. Cheer up!

Hey Jack, its fine, its just people who have got nothing better to do, that think they know everything and know jack s**t!

Whats worse, they quick to judge, but hardly anyone has actually asked whats been going on, just reporting the service was being cancelled. Not one person has commented about reasons why this is... I mean it is all over the news i.e Liverpool Echo. The fact we have had several police incidents, damage, and even a fire arms incident in broad daylight.

But no, its just cutting a vital service, how very selfish of me, wanting to cut a service thats costing me more money in claims than operating costs.

I have tried working so hard, that it has made me ill these last few weeks trying to keep a service going that I think is not only a good earner or could be but has got potential for more. Hence the investment in buses, still continuing on even though running costs have nearly doubled in some area's.

But ya'know.... carry on slating me guys...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/09/2021 19:20)mptravel Wrote:  Funny, I been posted updates all on facebook. So clearly you ain't looked that hard...

How do you know if I have a Facebook account or if many of your regular passengers have a Facebook account? The number of active Facebook users in the UK has been going down for some time now.

You have a Twitter feed where you've responded to questions from passengers and you actively used that account to post a service update yesterday. Any normal person would expect a significant update on the X1 to appear there. However, it seems you'd rather go on to a forum and post non-constructive posts, than to go on to your own Twitter feed and post a useful update for your passengers. That says a lot about how professional you're company is. Perhaps it's also why when I just Googled "MP Travel Facebook", the thing that came up is your Facebook rating is 1/5.
Find all posts by this user
(23/09/2021 19:15)Jack Wrote:  And It was obvious to anyone with a brain that the timetable posted was a short term solution - "breaking the law" seriously!

A quick solution to produce an emergency timetable is to export Excel files to pdf, which is what most operators did when they took on routes at short notice following the collapse of GHA. A quick solution is not to create something fancy in Photoshop, that some people will find difficult to read. I worked in digital communications for 9 years so I'm well aware of legal requirements for accessibility (Equalities Act/W3C.) I doubt you'd have an objection to someone claiming using a 1970s Bedford step entry coach on a bus service may be breaking the law. Why do you think it's OK for someone who is colour blind to be presented with a timetable they can't read but it's not OK for someone who is in a wheelchair to not be able to board a bus?

Given MP Travel have seen my post I may have saved them thousands of pounds if they act on what I've said but given Garry's attitude he doesn't care about people as long as he's getting money for running buses he's happy. Of course, given the poor publicity for the timetable change it's possible hardly anyone will see the timetable, so there's no risk of someone with an impairment suing MP Travel for breaching legal obligations.
I’m still none the wiser, is the X1 continuing on a commercial basis or with funding??
How will the issues with regards to a driver shortage and vandalism be dealt with?
(23/09/2021 19:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Read the Equalities Act and what W3C says about accessibility. I worked in digital communications for 9 years so I'm well aware of legal requirements for accessibility. I doubt you'd have an objection to someone claiming using a 1970s Bedford step entry coach on a bus service may be breaking the law. Why do you think it's OK for someone who is colour blind to be presented with a timetable they can't read but it's not OK for someone who is in a wheelchair to not be able to board a bus?

Given MP Travel have seen my post I may have saved them thousands of pounds if they act on what I've said but given Garry's attitude he doesn't care about people as long as he's getting money for running buses he's happy. Of course, given the poor publicity for the timetable change it's possible hardly anyone will see the timetable, so there's no risk of someone with an impairment suing MP Travel for breaching legal obligations.

Nobody just cares what you have to say. I mean you have such years experience in media blah blah and your there getting someone’s name wrong for a start!

Yeah all I care about is money… [insert surejan.gif here] why would I run something at a loss you [insert expletive here]
(23/09/2021 19:47)Mayneway Wrote:  I’m still none the wiser, is the X1 continuing on a commercial basis or with funding??
How will the issues with regards to a driver shortage and vandalism be dealt with?

The X1 will continue to operate however on a reduced timetable due to driver shortages. Currently having a few on long term sick has not helped, but it is not their fault.

We are actively recruiting.

In relation to funding, we are still learning about the bus restart grant, and wether we would be eligable for it, in the meantime Merseytravel and Halton are aiding in some costs for the moment.
(23/09/2021 19:47)mptravel Wrote:  I mean you have such years experience in media blah blah and your there getting someone’s name wrong for a start!

Yeah all I care about is money… [insert surejan.gif here] why would I run something at a loss you [insert expletive here]

Garreth/Garry/whatever. I noticed it was some unusual spelling with two rs when I looked at the history on your site the other week. I didn't go back to verify it today. It seems you can't decide what you want to be called given you told Liverpool Echo you were Gaz but your website says Garreth.

You're not doing anything to prove me wrong when I said you'd rather post unconstructive posts on here, then post an update on Twitter or on your website. That shows where your priorities lie!
(23/09/2021 19:50)mptravel Wrote:  The X1 will continue to operate however on a reduced timetable due to driver shortages. Currently having a few on long term sick has not helped, but it is not their fault.

We are actively recruiting.

In relation to funding, we are still learning about the bus restart grant, and wether we would be eligable for it, in the meantime Merseytravel and Halton are aiding in some costs for the moment.

As someone who works in the industry all I can say regarding driver shortages is it’s the same everywhere including where I work. Can’t see it getting any better tbh.
(23/09/2021 19:57)knutstransport Wrote:  Garreth/Garry/whatever. I noticed it was some unusual spelling with two rs when I looked at the history on your site the other week. I didn't go back to verify it today. It seems you can't decide what you want to be called given you told Liverpool Echo you were Gaz but your website says Garreth.

You're not doing anything to prove me wrong when I said you'd rather post unconstructive posts on here, then post an update on Twitter or on your website. That shows where your priorities lie!

Big difference in legal name and what like to be called…

Thought maybe because couldn’t access twitter at the time…. Nah, your too, whats the word…. Dumb for that. And quite frankily, I don’t care where you think my priorities lie. As again, your a nobody who thinks they know everything and knows jack! (Sorry Jack!)

God, I do hope the admins close this thread at some point, or they still laughing at this clown as much as I am right now… hahahahaha
(23/09/2021 19:47)mptravel Wrote:  Nobody just cares what you have to say. I mean you have such years experience in media blah blah and your there getting someone’s name wrong for a start!

But a suggestion has been made elsewhere that at the end of the Arriva contract it was re-tendered and awarded to Warrington’s own buses, until you registered it commercially so the funding to WOB was dropped. Why would you take it on commercially then complain when it starts making a loss.

And please don’t shoot me for asking. I’m genuinely interested not trying to be negative.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)