Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MP Travel
RE: MP Travel
(21/09/2021 08:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  WOB won the Tender for the X1 but MP Travel made the Service Commercial, I think its unlikely WOB would run it on a Commercial Basis more so currently where they are dropping service work a lot due to not enough Drivers

WOB's advantage would be having a network meaning a day or weekly ticket isn't restricted to one service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yes but the Network is almost none existent in Runcorn with only the 62 running there, It would also be a lot of dead mileage each day

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/09/2021 09:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  Yes but the Network is almost none existent in Runcorn with only the 62 running there, It would also be a lot of dead mileage each day

and not a lot of pax! It's a fast way to get from one end to the other but not enough people use it.
Didn’t MP first run this service on behalf of Arriva till the contract ended??
If passenger numbers were a problem and anti social behaviour was causing issues why register it commercially??
They have played at running buses, took advantage of government funding and now the coach and Rail Replacements are picking up it’s time to cancel the X1 - no surprise really.
(21/09/2021 10:35)Mayneway Wrote:  Didn’t MP first run this service on behalf of Arriva till the contract ended??
If passenger numbers were a problem and anti social behaviour was causing issues why register it commercially??
They have played at running buses, took advantage of government funding and now the coach and Rail Replacements are picking up it’s time to cancel the X1 - no surprise really.

This is correct, when it then went out for Tender WOB Won it and registered the service on VOSA, MP Travel then registered a commercial X1 Service so the tender was withdrawn before it started

I have been Bus Spotting for over a Decade now and Anti Social Behavior (Buses getting bricked ect) was a problem in Runcorn back then.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Given that the X1 is being cancelled what day will be final day it’s run?
(21/09/2021 09:37)thomasl1231 Wrote:  and not a lot of pax! It's a fast way to get from one end to the other but not enough people use it.

So why did they register it commercially? They got to see what it carried while running it on behalf of Arriva. They would have known pax numbers and also known vandalism was an issue.
In terms of pax Probably hoped that numbers would increase more than they have once restrictions had been lifted
(21/09/2021 11:38)thomasl1231 Wrote:  In terms of pax Probably hoped that numbers would increase more than they have once restrictions had been lifted

But looking at their Twitter and Facebook feeds it’s hardly a very reliable service. Emergency timetable introduced with no notice given, hardly going to increase passenger numbers is it.
(21/09/2021 11:51)Mayneway Wrote:  But looking at their Twitter and Facebook feeds it’s hardly a very reliable service. Emergency timetable introduced with no notice given, hardly going to increase passenger numbers is it.

It did actually, started to pick up more especially around the busway.. But not enough I don’t think

User(s) browsing this thread: