Current time: 29/03/2024, 15:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arrowebrook Coaches
RE: Arrowebrook Coaches
(08/07/2021 13:28)knutstransport Wrote:  Isn't that the case with almost every double decker bus hitting a bridge? On some occasions it may be the bus can fit but it needs to be driven in the middle of the road. However, in most cases it seems to be a double decker being used on a service which is normally a single decker and the driver just driving the bus along the road they would normally use.

I don’t know if your a driver or not, but the first thing they teach you when learning to drive any vehicle is to know the length and height of your vehicle.
Don’t forget we only ever hear about roofs being taken off buses but imagine how many large vehicles approach that bridge and others, look above at the height of the vehicle then at the bridge and turn round and take a different route. It’s common sense.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
You are quite right Mayneway, when I was learning back in 2005/6 for my PCV licence the first thing I was told to do was look up at that very notice and make sure I remembered that I would need extra room when turning and also if approaching an arch bridge to take it through the middle.

As the company I worked for at the time only had single deck vehicles it was nothing we had to deal with at the time because our routes did not go under low bridges, however, there are companies that do and in that respect they do have or should have an alternative route if a double deck vehicle is put on the route and it is then down to the driver to follow that route to the letter.

While it may seem ridiculous for me to say this, the driver could possibly have had a momentary loss of concentration and thus forgot he/she was driving a decker, sounds lame I know but as we all know, it can and does happen now and again.
(09/07/2021 11:46)Mayneway Wrote:  I don’t know if your a driver or not, but the first thing they teach you when learning to drive any vehicle is to know the length and height of your vehicle.
Don’t forget we only ever hear about roofs being taken off buses but imagine how many large vehicles approach that bridge and others, look above at the height of the vehicle then at the bridge and turn round and take a different route. It’s common sense.

I'm not licensed to drive anything larger than a small van. What I was referring to is near some short tunnels and bridges with a curved top you see warning signs saying oncoming vehicles in the middle of the road. Presumably if you're under the max height but tall it's safer to move in the middle to pass safely.
(09/07/2021 14:51)knutstransport Wrote:  I'm not licensed to drive anything larger than a small van. What I was referring to is near some short tunnels and bridges with a curved top you see warning signs saying oncoming vehicles in the middle of the road. Presumably if you're under the max height but tall it's safer to move in the middle to pass safely.

I know what you mean but in this instance even in the middle of the road it would have been like opening a tin.
‘Forgetting’ the height of your vehicle wouldn’t go down well with the TC.
(09/07/2021 13:07)313201 Wrote:  You are quite right Mayneway, when I was leaning back in 2005/6 for my PCV licence the first thing I was told to do was look up at that very notice and make sure I remembered that I would need extra room when turning and also if approaching an arch bridge to take it through the middle.

As the company I worked for at the time only had single deck vehicles it was nothing we had to deal with at the time because our routes did not go under low bridges, however, there are companies that do and in that respect they do have or should have an alternative route if a double deck vehicle is put on the route and it is then down to the driver to follow that route to the letter.

While it may seem ridiculous for me to say this, the driver could possibly have had a momentary loss of concentration and thus forgot he/she was driving a decker, sounds lame I know but as we all know, it can and does happen now and again.

Apparently in a large number of bus strikes earphones are responsible as the driver isn’t fully concentrating on the road. That fact came from Network Rail apparently.
Seems the Company has a PI upcoming:

Public Inquiry (84512) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room (Warrington), WA3 2SH, Suite 4, Stone
Cross Place, Stone Cross Lane North, Golborne, Warrington, on 21 December 2021 commencing at
10:00
PC1071909 SI
ARROWEBROOK COACHES LTD
Director(s): ANTHONY GEORGE PARSONS, PAULA CATHERINE PARSONS, DEREK
PARSONS
12 DINGWALL DRIVE, WIRRAL, CH49 1SG
S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act
1981)
S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)

Seems one of the Directors is also up for a TM PI

TM Public Inquiry (Case ID: 439186, Public Inquiry ID: 95383) for ANTHONY PARSONS to be held
at The Public Inquiry Room (Warrington), WA3 2SH, Suite 4, Stone Cross Place, Stone Cross Lane
North, Golborne, Warrington,
on 21 December 2021 commencing at 10:00
Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Do we know the reasons for the PI being called?
(24/11/2021 19:57)iMarkeh Wrote:  Do we know the reasons for the PI being called?

The bridge strike won’t have helped.
Bridge Strike Victim R375LGH went for scrap yesterday and B10BLE V534GDS is expected to follow today.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Arrowebrook Coaches are due to cancel their only local service, the 26, from 1st July.

User(s) browsing this thread: