Current time: 23/04/2024, 07:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
this Commander has no feet front number
https://www.flickr.com/photos/168682173@...ed-public/

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
been talking to a driver, and he said Runcorn may get double decker for Runcorn and a route cut off at Halton Hospital 62? Huh

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(18/03/2021 10:45)Busway_Bob Wrote:  been talking to a driver, and he said Runcorn may get double decker for Runcorn and a route cut off at Halton Hospital 62? Huh

I can't imagine Runcorn having double decker's and if they did chances are they'd be on services with high demand (I.E. 61, 79C, 82A).

Runcorn IMO have already acquired enough from Arriva Merseyside with almost 30 Pulsar's acquired for Runcorn depot.
Find all posts by this user
Could certainly do with them for the 79C if things ever return to normal. With no competition singles just won't cut it.
(18/03/2021 23:29)jon1 Wrote:  Could certainly do with them for the 79C if things ever return to normal. With no competition singles just won't cut it.

It appears that at least 8-10 vehicles are allocated on the 79C a day, but then again certain things can come up during the day such as a bus having to be replaced.
(18/03/2021 10:45)Busway_Bob Wrote:  been talking to a driver, and he said Runcorn may get double decker for Runcorn and a route cut off at Halton Hospital 62? Huh

Curtailing the route might help with timings by reducing journey times by 6/7 minutes in each direction, as even though maps show the 62 and 82A are following exactly the same route, they currently have different timings, like the 62 gets about 5/6 minutes less to get between Murdishaw and Runcorn High Street.
It's odd that they are continuing to use completely different service numbers for the 62 and 82A despite them following the same route though.
Incidentally, there is a new Halton route map available on the Arriva website for when the Silver Jubilee Bridge is reopened.
They will have to be careful which routes they allocate the decker on as I think there are one or two low bridges on the Busway. I remember a Stagecoach decker coming to grief a few years ago and have seen a photo of a North Western Atlantean coming to the same fate in the late 80's.
I know it’s been said before, but why not just remove the bridges, at least upto Murdishaw?

There’ll be significant costs I’m sure but it could be considered a long term investment.

Would save a lot of headaches at depot.
(19/03/2021 07:16)St Helens Rider Wrote:  They will have to be careful which routes they allocate the decker on as I think there are one or two low bridges on the Busway. I remember a Stagecoach decker coming to grief a few years ago and have seen a photo of a North Western Atlantean coming to the same fate in the late 80's.

There are many low bridges on the busway and also one at Runcorn station. Having double deckers at Runcorn is a big risk. Doing away with footbridges would be fairly straightforward but the road bridges between Shopping City and The Brow and near The Park would require excavation underneath. That would be the expensive part but otherwise lives could be on the line. Crosville DVG457 went under the bridge going to The Brow when the driver simply forgot what he was doing, went left instead of right and seconds later it was under the bridge with passengers on the upper deck and the roof squashed down.

The services which could be DD tomorrow are the X30 and the 61. Crosville used to run VRs on the J61 in the 80s.
Being honest, I don't know why they don't make the 62 into an 82 and make a larger combined timetable. There shouldn't be any confusion as they had a similar situation on the 79s years ago didn't they (79 Liverpool to Netherly/Halewood, 79 Murdishaw to Hough Green, 79C Liverpool to Murdishaw via Hough Green).

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)