Current time: 08/05/2024, 12:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(16/03/2021 19:38)NathanR Wrote:  An interesting article in the ECHO I read tonight is the plans to introduce 20 new hydrogen powered double decker buses for use at St Helens for initial service on the 10A route and Liverpool City Centre, funding is set to be approved this week with the hydrogen refuelling facilities to be built later this year.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...g-20187577

Naturally, this post probably doesn't belong here, and I'll assume these buses could end up passing over to Arriva St. Helens depot.

Split between arriva st Helen's andxstagecoach gillmoss for use on 10A only due to being the busiest route locally.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/03/2021 19:45)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Split between arriva st Helen's andxstagecoach gillmoss for use on 10A only due to being the busiest route locally.

I completely forgot about the QBP, so they'll be split between both operators with each receiving ten.
(16/03/2021 19:49)NathanR Wrote:  I completely forgot about the QBP, so they'll be split between both operators with each receiving ten.

Yeah that's correct .
I dont feel 20 would be enough to cover the PVR and thats before you think about VOR Buses ect

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wonder if they’ll be the same as or based off the Scania chassis Enviro400MMC demonstrator that made its way around Liverpool a few years back
Has the Alexander Dennis Enviro400/Scania Hydrogen actually had any orders? Can't recall any but seemed a good vehicle when I used that Demonstrator a few years back. Wrightbus could fugure as they've gone down an integral route with this and they've had a fair sized order with Translink too.

The artist impression pics I've seen look like a Optare Metrodecker although these things are always not quite what eventually shows up and didn't think Optare were going down this road more so the fully electric route.

I like that Merseytravel 'Metro Bus' livery too.
(17/03/2021 22:06)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Has the Alexander Dennis Enviro400/Scania Hydrogen actually had any orders? Can't recall any but seemed a good vehicle when I used that Demonstrator a few years back. Wrightbus could fugure as they've gone down an integral route with this and they've had a fair sized order with Translink too.

The artist impression pics I've seen look like a Optare Metrodecker although these things are always not quite what eventually shows up and didn't think Optare were going down this road more so the fully electric route.

I like that Merseytravel 'Metro Bus' livery too.

I’m personally thinking it will be a StreetDeck but could be an ADL with Stagecoach getting vehicles however I’m unsure if ADL currently offer the Enviro400s with hydrogen.
(17/03/2021 22:24)darylyates17 Wrote:  I’m personally thinking it will be a StreetDeck but could be an ADL with Stagecoach getting vehicles however I’m unsure if ADL currently offer the Enviro400s with hydrogen.

ADL offers the Enviro400 as the H2.0 for the Hydrogen fuel application. The artist's impression has been made to ensure multiple manufactures designs are taken into account before the procurement process has been completed.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
What’s happened to 3037 tracker says it’s not been out since February 24th is it tracking as something else or is it in for P&P
(22/03/2021 16:13)darylyates17 Wrote:  What’s happened to 3037 tracker says it’s not been out since February 24th is it tracking as something else or is it in for P&P

It's in getting p+p

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)